The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I’m pretty sure Chad’s watch is defective. No hands, no dials, no digits, no nothing. This must be the watch of the millennials. Need something on your wrist, as a fashion statement…. But it doesn’t need to be functional because you still use your phone to keep track of time.
4EE95FAF-AD99-4B70-839D-BB0FA4A90068.jpeg

My work for Today it’s going to be a Beautiful Day out Today.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers out there.
cda297e2b424454a346c06fb52ce04c3.jpg

0090aa51cb33f606973a6138a8216fb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINALLY! Got the call so I called a 2-Watch Monday audible

340872C6-91B0-4920-9B21-5E7F20CE5E43.jpeg
Story:
This is my most prized watch for a number of reasons and is my most $$$$$$. So 18.5 months ago it needed serving and it was running in not Chronometric time. Took it to the jeweler I bought it from (an Authorized Service Center). When in actuality is was a “drop off point”. So off to Phoenix… Phoenix could not finish (or do) the complete repair…. So off to San Francisco…. Lost (supposedly). Finally found and for the actual repair and chronometer testing it had to go home to mama in Geneva. Not received again! Finally found on a watchmakers desk that never updated computer. 6 months of “Spa” time and my local jeweler called me today. So after a world tour my Serti Submariner is back, all cleaned polished and good as new. Honestly I have had issues with all my Rolex’s over the years. Although I LOVE this watch, I Will not buy another one. I will be happy with my Steinharts

Moral of story. If you buy high end watches be prepared for the high end maintenance and time.

Bonus: no charge… apparently for my trouble. A new watch would have been better, but why be greedy LOL

View attachment 111136
Story:
This is my most prized watch for a number of reasons and is my most $$$$$$. So 18.5 months ago it needed serving and it was running in not Chronometric time. Took it to the jeweler I bought it from (an Authorized Service Center). When in actuality is was a “drop off point”. So off to Phoenix… Phoenix could not finish (or do) the complete repair…. So off to San Francisco…. Lost (supposedly). Finally found and for the actual repair and chronometer testing it had to go home to mama in Geneva. Not received again! Finally found on a watchmakers desk that never updated computer. 6 months of “Spa” time and my local jeweler called me today. So after a world tour my Serti Submariner is back, all cleaned polished and good as new. Honestly I have had issues with all my Rolex’s over the years. Although I LOVE this watch, I Will not buy another one. I will be happy with my Steinharts

Moral of story. If you buy high end watches be prepared for the high end maintenance and time.

Bonus: no charge… apparently for my trouble. A new watch would have been better, but why be greedy LOL
You mentioned Steinharts.. What would you say the quality is compared to Rolex or some other brands please ?? The Steinhart is a brand I have never tried before , so any information would be very appreciated.....

View attachment 111136
Story:

Holy moly! I wonder if it would have been stuck on in transit forever if you hadn’t been persistent 😵

“Found” on a desk…yeesh!

Back