The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

f3a29576c42e7a9910f8ee1c15e251c0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Watch Wars....Baseball edition.

The nation's past time. The greatest game ever.

.....3-2...Sax is waiting on deck but the game right now is at the plate..........

First up is someone that is clearly trying to butter up the judges....and we love it...

It's Dave....of the Hated Giants variety:

13fe7154-28af-460e-b8d9-c3a8d651720f-jpeg.110893

Yes, we know this isn't the photo he originally submitted but the judges wish to remain completely impartial.....as for the watch....a very nice piece. The leather band is sorta baseball like (and by sorta I mean that its leather). Dave fell off the number bandwagon and has reverted backwards....not a good sign for him. But I will say I like the face. Very clean. Very stylish. Not bad....not on theme...but not bad. His arm hair is outta control today....and that's not bad.

.............High fly ball into right field.......

Here's our middle infielder.....Rich....of the sly, cheeky comment variety:

image-jpg.110897

O......M....G!!!!!!!! Three of the judges just fainted. The others have run off to find the Hall of Fame of Watches so this can go inside with unanimous approval. Rich....and I've said this before.....is a hidden master at this competition. He should have 8 victories (and the judges apologize for their quirky voting). Let's examine this STUNNER.......it's got baseballesque stitching.....check. It's got a worn leather band....check. It's got Ken freakin' Griffey Jr......CHECK!!! This is a grandslam of epic proportions. I need a few minutes of alone time after this.

...........she is.....gone!!......

Next up is Dave....of the D-backs variety:

b1d11ea6-3855-4b74-86ef-82bd7cbf3720-jpeg.110898

Ok....I'm not sure if this is real or not. It looks fake. But the judges are going to act like Dave doesn't have a hand full of doctored up pine tar and judge it as is. It is a cool idea for a baseball theme....but a bad idea for a watch. How do you tell the time?? And I'm impressed that Dave has some Dodger blue in his watch den (we accept closet fans....and we won't out you to those terrible Giants fans...they're the worst). All in all, it's a cool look but I'm still not sure how you know what time it is.....other than time for Dodger baseball!!!

.....In a year that has been so improbable...the impossible has happened.....

And the above quote is appropriate, as the winner for today.....

is @Majorrich

Congrats. Rich now joins the 4-timers club.

I'll be traveling on monday so everyone gets a 3 day weekend.......wear the heck outta all your no number watches. I don't want to see them anymore. I'll see ya on tuesday.

Tuesday's theme......Red.

Hey Steven. I’ve made an appointment for you at the optometrist it’s not fake it’s meant to look three-dimensional sooner or later you need to come out of your 2-D world and join us in the 3-D world. I even put numbers on it just for you.

I’m glad our judge has a job because he’s a terrible game show host

Welcome to Watch Wars....Baseball edition.

Next up is Dave....of the D-backs variety:

b1d11ea6-3855-4b74-86ef-82bd7cbf3720-jpeg.110898

Ok..... How do you tell the time??

Hey Steven. I’ve made an appointment for you at the optometrist it’s not fake it’s meant to look three-dimensional sooner or later you need to come out of your 2-D world and join us in the 3-D world. I even put numbers on it just for you.

I’m glad our judge has a job because he’s a terrible game show host

I believe what Steven may have been refering to was that he couldn't tell how to tell time on the watch..

Maybe he missed these I indicated in this copy of your picture....

InkedB1D11EA6-3855-4B74-86EF-82BD7CBF3720_LI.jpg

I hope I am correct in this observation. I mean It took me a second to spot how to tell time on it myself and I am fairly used to smart watches..

Thankfully someone locked the door so the pseudo wannabe Game Show Host is not here and the class of the Halls of Horology can resume…. At least for a few days. The sun is brighter, the air fresher, and no smell of stale beer
🤓😂😂

1729D674-50CC-4BCF-BB50-5DF57E152F7E.jpeg

Back