The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Thank you Steven for the win.... Can we get a recap? and I have purged most my disdain for your Quirkey, Evil, hairless, deeds and racism toward Gas Grills and their users. I shall try to be more positive in our interactions

giphy.gif

yea right bwahahahahahahaha

Again, out of all due respect (you can decide how much is due) to our honorable judge I present this offering for today. I ask that you notice how the baseball glove tan leather plays well against the burgundy desk pad. Also the watch calls back to a location that still holds much meaning for Steven and is also the original home to the most famous mouse of which I know he is a fan.

1DC93B49-F9F9-4FD5-8348-73D5FF185EC9.jpeg

Again, out of all due respect (you can decide how much is due) to our honorable judge I present this offering for today. I ask that you notice how the baseball glove tan leather plays well against the burgundy desk pad. Also the watch calls back to a location that still holds much meaning for Steven and is also the original home to the most famous mouse of which I know he is a fan.

View attachment 110780
Wipe your nose @NurseDave there are corn and peanuts on it😜😜

View attachment 110780

Suck up

Wipe your nose @NurseDave there are corn and peanuts on it😜😜

I haven't eaten either of those in some time..

Watch Wars.......the Leather Band Battle!!!

Let's all hope that @CVargo doesn't come through on his threat to show up in his leather chaps....or @mvargo follow through on my suggestion that she post pictures of Chad in his chaps (I didn't sleep well last night thinking of what I might have done to the rest of the Cadre with my silly suggestion).

Let's break out the leather!!

First up is our intrepid Rich........of the Rich variety:

img_0328-jpeg.110776

Whoa......see, I'm telling ya....Rich should have as many victories as the Dave's. Because when he shows up.....he shows up. The band is a lovely leather band but the watch is quite beautiful. I'm still not a fan of the lack of numbers (seriously....when are you guys going to stop posting number-less watches?) but as far as the face......the simplicity is very classic. Very stylish. Very amazing. If I ever was looking to get a number-less watch....this might be the one (ok...I too just looked at the website and I'm out.........I can't pay those kind of prices......beautiful watches....but nope).

Next up is Dave...of the Sonoran variety:

img_0685-jpeg.110779

Ok....I'll admit...I've always liked this watch. It's a really cool design. And I like that leather band. Again...it's a no number deal....but the rest of the face is so appealing I can overlook that. This is a top notch entry.

Here we have our next contestant....

Its Dave.........of the Tectonically challenged variety:

1dc93b49-f9f9-4fd5-8348-73d5ff185ec9-jpeg.110780

Hmmmm.......well, we're going to address the blatant butt kissing of his entry (which I enjoy) but I'm not sure Dave is doing it right.......let's look at the watch and see where he went wrong with his suck up attempt. Yes, I do like the baseballesque theme of the leather band....but it's missing the distinct leather stitching that would make this a true homage. Instead, the stitching almost vanishes. The same color leather is not the same. I appreciate that you coordinated the band to the desk.....but is that really necessary? Are you going to carry the desk around all day? That seems a bit much. Now, I do love California, and it is the home of a certain mouse....but the watch has no numbers!!!! The nerve of you guys. Your brown nose attempt has been rejected by the most glorious of the judges and his super high expectations of grandeur (and his self worth). But please....do continue to try.....I like the effort.

Here we have a new contestant.....

Jimmy.....of the Jaro variety:

img_20230510_134601862-jpg.110794

Very nice. And there's numbers!!! I'm a sucker for a Timex (one of the few watches I own is a Timex). I do like the brown band and the contrasting stitching really pops (take note @NurseDave ). All in all....this is a fine watch and a great first entry into the competition. Well done.

Well.....the Judges have eaten their burrito and they've discovered that the leather bands they wore today to get into the mood have begun to chafe in the most uncomfortable locations so they have ruled in the favor of........

@Majorrich !!!!

His watch was just too beautiful to not take the top spot today. Any one of these watches could have taken the victory....but only one did.

Jimmy showed up with a fine piece (nice work for a first time entrant).

For tomorrow's theme:
Metal bands. Now don't go all arm hair crazy. Its ouchy.

Watch Wars.......the Leather Band Battle!!!

Let's all hope that @CVargo doesn't come through on his threat to show up in his leather chaps....or @mvargo follow through on my suggestion that she post pictures of Chad in his chaps (I didn't sleep well last night thinking of what I might have done to the rest of the Cadre with my silly suggestion).

Let's break out the leather!!

First up is our intrepid Rich........of the Rich variety:

img_0328-jpeg.110776

Whoa......see, I'm telling ya....Rich should have as many victories as the Dave's. Because when he shows up.....he shows up. The band is a lovely leather band but the watch is quite beautiful. I'm still not a fan of the lack of numbers (seriously....when are you guys going to stop posting number-less watches?) but as far as the face......the simplicity is very classic. Very stylish. Very amazing. If I ever was looking to get a number-less watch....this might be the one (ok...I too just looked at the website and I'm out.........I can't pay those kind of prices......beautiful watches....but nope).

Next up is Dave...of the Sonoran variety:

img_0685-jpeg.110779

Ok....I'll admit...I've always liked this watch. It's a really cool design. And I like that leather band. Again...it's a no number deal....but the rest of the face is so appealing I can overlook that. This is a top notch entry.

Here we have our next contestant....

Its Dave.........of the Tectonically challenged variety:

1dc93b49-f9f9-4fd5-8348-73d5ff185ec9-jpeg.110780

Hmmmm.......well, we're going to address the blatant butt kissing of his entry (which I enjoy) but I'm not sure Dave is doing it right.......let's look at the watch and see where he went wrong with his suck up attempt. Yes, I do like the baseballesque theme of the leather band....but it's missing the distinct leather stitching that would make this a true homage. Instead, the stitching almost vanishes. The same color leather is not the same. I appreciate that you coordinated the band to the desk.....but is that really necessary? Are you going to carry the desk around all day? That seems a bit much. Now, I do love California, and it is the home of a certain mouse....but the watch has no numbers!!!! The nerve of you guys. Your brown nose attempt has been rejected by the most glorious of the judges and his super high expectations of grandeur (and his self worth). But please....do continue to try.....I like the effort.

Here we have a new contestant.....

Jimmy.....of the Jaro variety:

img_20230510_134601862-jpg.110794

Very nice. And there's numbers!!! I'm a sucker for a Timex (one of the few watches I own is a Timex). I do like the brown band and the contrasting stitching really pops (take note @NurseDave ). All in all....this is a fine watch and a great first entry into the competition. Well done.

Well.....the Judges have eaten their burrito and they've discovered that the leather bands they wore today to get into the mood have begun to chafe in the most uncomfortable locations so they have ruled in the favor of........

@Majorrich !!!!

His watch was just too beautiful to not take the top spot today. Any one of these watches could have taken the victory....but only one did.

Jimmy showed up with a fine piece (nice work for a first time entrant).

For tomorrow's theme:
Metal bands. Now don't go all arm hair crazy. Its ouchy.
Thanks for the mention.. I had thought of wearing the Hamilton with a leather band.. Glad you approved of this choice too though.. I have a question though. When you say "metal bands " do you mean the jubilee style or the woven or which type of metal band , or is it our choice since there is such a plethora of metal bands ?

Thanks for the mention.. I had thought of wearing the Hamilton with a leather band.. Glad you approved of this choice too though.. I have a question though. When you say "metal bands " do you mean the jubilee style or the woven or which type of metal band , or is it our choice since there is such a plethora of metal bands ?
The theme is purposely left just vague enough to allow for your own interpretation. The judges are not here to prejudge. We find ourselves to be most appeased when contestants surprise us with things we didn't think of when we randomly picked the theme. Examples would be @ED3054 wearing a diver's watch on Aloha day. A very clever interpretation and one that very nearly secured him the win.

The theme is purposely left just vague enough to allow for your own interpretation. The judges are not here to prejudge. We find ourselves to be most appeased when contestants surprise us with things we didn't think of when we randomly picked the theme. Examples would be @ED3054 wearing a diver's watch on Aloha day. A very clever interpretation and one that very nearly secured him the win.

[emoji23] lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The theme is purposely left just vague enough to allow for your own interpretation. The judges to make up rediculous stuff as they please. are not here to prejudge. We find ourselves to be most appeased when contestants surprise us with things we didn't think of when we randomly picked the theme. Examples would be @ED3054 wearing a diver's watch on Aloha day. A very clever interpretation and one that very nearly secured him the win.
FIFY

Back