The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Welcome to the latest episode of Watch Wars. Today's challenge..... New watches!!

Up first...and apparently eating his breakfast (so he's, literally Up First) is Dave.....of the New Grill variety:

b290fd4e-2144-47dc-9218-0d5d674568e3-jpeg.110622

As he noted, we've seen this one before....so that breaks an unknown rule that I just made up.....no duplicates. It's a great looking watch and it's his own fault for wearing it on a previous day...because his only competition today was.....

Dave....of the Dark Desert Highway variety (he does have cool wind in his hair)

05-08-2023-jpeg.110635

Nice....and its that whole Pepsi color thing. Very nice. I am going to take 1 point away because there's no breakfast in this photo (make fun of me not taking a photo, will ya?) so the judges have ruled this contest a victory for.........

@BarberDave

Maybe he'll reconsider being mean to people that are tragically chained to the time clock.

Tomorrow's theme...........ugly watches. I know this might be a tough category for these two competitors....but maybe @Majorrich or @Luecke3262 or @ED3054 or @Fenster can come up with a win.

What the heck? Dave won -1 to 0?
Imma bout to get rowdy up in here!
Breaking an unknown rule was a -4. So you had quite the hill to climb (maybe you could use an electric bike?) but you did come in second on all but 1 of the judge's cards.......that judge gave your 14th place....but he's been drinking all weekend so we're not counting that.

In fairness to the Arm-hair-full members of this forum.....

IMG_20230508_143723987.jpg

...I only make fun because I've been there. I stand with my arm hair brothers.

Oh and I know that I'm not wearing a watch....I stopped wearing one about 5 years ago.

I honestly dont know why its showing that on google lens ( Chad is right, its showing some other guys arm and watch which was NOT mine ) I apologize for the confusion , as you guys know I do not typically show my face online ( other than zoom calls ) .. Well I just took those 3 pics just now and you get the bonus of the hawaiian shirt too !!

What company made the homage?
If that was to me, Mine is not an homage, as I have previously stated, my father and I did / still do sometimes collect watches. Mine is actually real . I think there are some out there but they are fairly easy to spot as the extra hands don't work and a few other tell tell things. This one was a gift to me, I have had it for a while ( since my last gifts were given to me )...

If that was to me, Mine is not an homage, as I have previously stated, my father and I did / still do sometimes collect watches. Mine is actually real . I think there are some out there but they are fairly easy to spot as the extra hands don't work and a few other tell tell things. This one was a gift to me, I have had it for a while ( since my last gifts were given to me )...
Cool, how long have you had it?

Back