The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Cool, how long have you had it?
I got it last october 9th ( my birthday ) .. I tried to get one last year and I think I posted about it back then but it fell through due to the person being a scammer. This one was bought in a shop by my dad and not online so I know they were not scamming.. ( BTW My dad is really good at finding great deals on watches for he and I )... So if Anyone is ever looking for something he might be able to find it for a good deal for them in reference to watches....

Supercool what jewelry shop. I would like to see what they have
I think Dad got it in Jacksonville Fl when they were going to our house in St Augustine last year at a place called Mayors... They sometimes have pre owned selections of watches...

Already looked thanks
No problem. I was Just trying to be helpful. BTW In FULL Disclosure Dad got mine used so he paid A LOT Less than current retail for it... I think it was around HALF the current... I have been lucky in that my family has Always been very close and dad was a VP with his company before he retired so he had a decent amount of pocket money ( so in all honesty I grew up kind of spoiled ) I had the nice cars and stuff growing up and he still likes to do things for me sometimes. He has started doing stuff for my oldest son now... Although I think they are waiting on me to get Jjay ( my oldest ) a car... He has pretty much said as much !! So if anyone knows where a Very cheap miata is let me know ( jjay wants one of those he can fix up himself....) I say cheap because it will be his first car and so it will probably wind up getting wrecked so I dont want to spend a lot on it....

@Majorrich I have to agree that’s a homely watch. But it appeal to a robot from a 1960’s sci-fi show.

I went with insider knowledge of our judge. While it’s not from the team he keeps disparaging, this should make him see orange until lunch time.
2D92D061-5362-4A62-9EF7-566B84FCD72D.jpeg

@Majorrich I have to agree that’s a homely watch. But it appeal to a robot from a 1960’s sci-fi show.

I went with insider knowledge of our judge. While it’s not from the team he keeps disparaging, this should make him see orange until lunch time.
View attachment 110703
Dave’s watch if it showed the full face instead of a side profile:
200.gif

Well I do not have really any "ugly watches" however this one is very close not only in looks but in practicality. I got it years ago at 3:00 am while watching ShopNBC, and specifically because it has an HH-60G on the dial. An Aircraft I spent a TON of time in.

Ahh the early years of watch collecting, and "Value Pays" LOL... anyway the Statius Uglinium

1. almost 60mm in size ( Flave a Flave would be envious )
2. Weighs almost 2 lbs
3. uncomfortable as hell
4. can be used as a Diving weight to get you to depth
5. can be used as a "blackjack" to crack skulls
6. can be seen with its hideously large SuperLuminova hands, over a mile away

I give you the Invicta SF Combat

( I hate this thing)

05.09.2023.jpg

Well I do not have really any "ugly watches" however this one is very close not only in looks but in practicality. I got it years ago at 3:00 am while watching ShopNBC, and specifically because it has an HH-60G on the dial. An Aircraft I spent a TON of time in.

Ahh the early years of watch collecting, and "Value Pays" LOL... anyway the Statius Uglinium

1. almost 60mm in size ( Flave a Flave would be envious )
2. Weighs almost 2 lbs
3. uncomfortable as hell
4. can be used as a Diving weight to get you to depth
5. can be used as a "blackjack" to crack skulls
6. can be seen with its hideously large SuperLuminova hands, over a mile away

I give you the Invicta SF Combat

( I hate this thing)

What’s wrong with it. !!!
Looks good. !!!
ccb1a2e17fd949a3ef5426f0be81d012.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch Wars......the Fugly Edition!!

It can tell the time....but you insist on waiting until others are not around before taking a look at it.......it's an UGLY watch.

Our first contestant......a very handsome man....Rich of the Internet famous variety:

image-jpg.110699

.....that is not attractive......in this century or the last. Wow....Rich isn't playing around. That's ugly. And a broken band to start off......ok, Rich knows how to dress up the pig. Plus it has no numbers....and we all know how much I dislike that....The face is hard to see because the glass is scratched.....top notch ugly.

Contestant number 2 is up....

Its Dave, of the hurt heinie variety:

2d92d061-5362-4a62-9ef7-566b84fcd72d-jpeg.110703

....ok Dave tried to rile me up with a color scheme I don't abide.......but it has the Oregon State Beaver on the face....and what Dave doesn't know......until right now....is that my stepdad went to Oregon State. So I don't dislike this watch (the judges successfully pulled off a plot twist!!) But......is this an ugly watch? Maybe. It's quite glaring in the colors and the whole thing screams........"AHHHHHHHHHH......I went to college where its cold and rainy.....and surrounded by nerds" (sorry Dave...inside information). I do like the matchy matchy band.....but I would say...

Our next contestant....

Dave...of the Vienna Sausage King variety:

05-09-2023-jpg.110710

........good lord!! Well, that is, indeed ugly. It's not just subtle in its ugliness....it's in your face ugly. Like the pride of its ugliness is worn as a badge......right across its hideous face. The band is kinda cool.....but the rest is....yikes! Add in the fact that its huge and heavy......Gah...ross!! Its literally saying....

Today's winner..............

@BarberDave

Tomorrow's theme.....................leather bands.

Back