The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Ok choices today for our illustrious Monty Hall of Watch Game

1st up:

1937 rose gold Titus Geneve mechanical hand wind chronograph perfect working condition. With a workhorse Landeron movement
IMG_0553.jpeg

2nd up:
Elgin Artistic pocket watch. Yellow gold Circa 1860’s. Was my great grandfathers, then my grandfather, and then my dads. Wound everyday

13DA3C66-A045-4C9F-8E7B-BD8BB6AD6206.jpeg

Well oldest watch could mean a few things. I almost pulled another “you’re not the boss”, but decided to drop the mic instead. I brought two watches today. Yes, both are on my person.

We’ll start with this one which is a 1899 Elgin given to my great grandfather when he graduated high school.
View attachment 110448

If that’s not old enough, this one is made out of the Muoionalusta meteorite which is the oldest known meteorite at 4.57 billion years old.
View attachment 110449

View attachment 110450
Sorry Jasper but that’s not the age of the watch. Always looking for an angle.🤪🤪🥸

Well oldest watch could mean a few things. I almost pulled another “you’re not the boss”, but decided to drop the mic instead. I brought two watches today. Yes, both are on my person.

We’ll start with this one which is a 1899 Elgin given to my great grandfather when he graduated high school.
View attachment 110448

If that’s not old enough, this one is made out of the Muoionalusta meteorite which is the oldest known meteorite at 4.57 billion years old.
View attachment 110449

View attachment 110450
By the way, I picked your mic up for ya , before I dropped to the ground

1683298718459.gif

Can’t Compete with You Guys Today.
No Old watches Here.
So
a60f4b538c433a1e0da9375d3e665114.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Watch Wars Old Folks Home.

They may look ancient, they may look beat up and janky...but they'll keep better time than any modern watch, I'll tell ya that, you whipper-snapper....why, these watches we're keeping time before you we're a thought in your grandpappy's mind.

Let's examine the competition:

First up is Rich.......of the dirty old man variety:

image-jpg.110446

Well, this one qualifies.......It's not a bad looking watch either. It could do with a cleaning (if only Rich had some tiny tools with which to affect that cleaning.....). The band is nice. Very age appropriate for the watch. Once again....when Rich shows up....he shows up.

Next up is Dave....of the Giant loving variety:

aef95f61-f595-46f8-b9ec-d04945151631-jpeg.110448

Ok....once again....cheater! You may not submit two watches for the contest. And at first I was inclined to only accept the one you're actually wearing on your wrist....but the first one you submitted is a watch.....the wrist requirement was never detailed in anything I've posted...so the first watch is your entry. And what a watch it is!!! This one could have also made a fine showing in the Bling event and the Roman Numeral event. Its sufficiently old enough and it has some great family history behind it. The face is really interesting to look at and it draws anyone looking at it into the intricacies and beauty of the design.....the hands alone are amazing by themselves. I'm not sure there's any watch that this judge could see that would top this. You may have Best in Show wrapped up on this one. WOW!

So then Dave....of the dusty desert variety...drops in with 2 watches as well........you two Dave's are killing me.

So now I'm making this a Battle of the Pocket watches (sorry to anyone else that is submitting entries....but these 2 boys need to get this out of their system......so I'm sending them to the shed to fight this one out alone)....here we go!!

13da3c66-a045-4c9f-8e7b-bd8bb6ad6206-jpeg.110461

This entry is also quite stunning. And it also has some great family history. Plus...same manufacturer....so Matchy Matchy between the 2 competitors (maybe they shouldn't be fighting because they're basically brothers). But if I had to judge between the 2 Elgin's.......I'd have to give the advantage to the Bay Area Elgin. The face is just a notch about the Desert Elgin. And the Frisco hands win...well...hands down. Don't get me wrong...either Elgin could have taken this one....but they BOTH can't win....so @NurseDave it is.

Man...I'm glad the weekend has arrived. Need a few days to recover from this Battle.

Let's try Newest Watch for monday's theme (Let's see how many watches the 2 Dave's can get shipped to them in the next 50+ hours)

Oh...and my apologies to @Majorrich and @ED3054 (and anyone else that intended to enter today's contest)....this Battle needed to be settled immediately.

I was looking for just the face. There seem to be two models on AliExpress. Two different bands. Nh34 movement is included for -140

Well, this is my newest one but you’ve seen it already. And it has orange in it. Sorry for the disappointment. @heysi did I mention you’re the best looking judge that we’ve ever had in this thread?

B290FD4E-2144-47DC-9218-0D5D674568E3.jpeg

Here is my newest and....

05.08.2023.JPEG
... @NurseDave 's lips do not look good tattooed all over your Butt.. plus they have been with @Majorrich .. Also we have better microbreweries (as you know) than San Fran. Also you can get a free haircut and shave when you get down here

Back