The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Nothing Says Vegas Like Elvis! and apparently, although sponsored by Bulova, most of the "Rat Pack" were big watch collectors, except Peter Lawford ( who really was not a true "Rat Packer"). I guess being married to Patricia Kennedy had its perks, and he later kicked out by the "Chairman" himself.

To me, The "Real" Rat pack

Rat Pack real.jpg

Elvis Wearing his:

Elvis Ventura.jpg

It later went on to fame as the M.I.B. Watch. Was also the worlds 1st Electric Watch.

MIB.jpg

I give you the Hamilton Ventura - Viva Las Vegas Baby!

05.01.2023.jpg

Nothing Says Vegas Like Elvis! and apparently, although sponsored by Bulova, most of the "Rat Pack" were big watch collectors, except Peter Lawford ( who really was not a true "Rat Packer"). I guess being married to Patricia Kennedy had its perks, and he later kicked out by the "Chairman" himself.

To me, The "Real" Rat pack

Elvis Wearing his:

It later went on to fame as the M.I.B. Watch. Was also the worlds 1st Electric Watch.

I give you the Hamilton Ventura - Viva Las Vegas Baby!

I will challenge the "first electric" watch with a sundial watch. Take that for old tech. 🤣
1682959303993.png

63e8abafc456d3b4bb236b307a0a537c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's Watch Wars is brought to you by the US Navy....who want me to test some electrical connectors much more than they want me to play on the internet....

Today's theme, The Rat Pack.

Here's Dave's....of the already has too many watches kind...... entry. It included a rather lengthy bit of useless trivia and high minded opinions.....(stay in your own lane, sir!) but the judges finally found the picture of his watch and they like-y.

05-01-2023-jpg.110207

Next up is Gerry...

1682959303993-png.110211

Gerry receives 2 points for comedy but loses 3 points for this not being his actual wrist.

Here's Ed's watch:

I'm starting to get convinced that Ed only has one band. Mix it up a bit. Even I'm looking for more from you.

And finally, Rich dropped in with this entry:

image-jpg.110213

Looks like Rich drank some of KJ's sake and forgot that we're looking for The Rat Pack as a theme.....in fact, the only one that stayed in theme....was @BarberDave . Now I know that I expected him to bring out this particular watch on this theme.....but I was hoping to see a few hidden gems. Some old school beauties. Some mid-century cool. But alas........nope........sad face emoji.

So.....our winner today....is

@BarberDave

Well, maybe tomorrow won't be so busy for me that I can do my hosting duties without stopping every 4 minutes to run off and work.

The theme for tomorrow is BLING!!!!

Today's Watch Wars is brought to you by the US Navy....who want me to test some electrical connectors much more than they want me to play on the internet....

Today's theme, The Rat Pack.

Here's Dave's....of the already has too many watches kind...... entry. It included a rather lengthy bit of useless trivia and high minded opinions.....(stay in your own lane, sir!) but the judges finally found the picture of his watch and they like-y.

05-01-2023-jpg.110207

Next up is Gerry...

1682959303993-png.110211

Gerry receives 2 points for comedy but loses 3 points for this not being his actual wrist.

Here's Ed's watch:

I'm starting to get convinced that Ed only has one band. Mix it up a bit. Even I'm looking for more from you.

And finally, Rich dropped in with this entry:

image-jpg.110213

Looks like Rich drank some of KJ's sake and forgot that we're looking for The Rat Pack as a theme.....in fact, the only one that stayed in theme....was @BarberDave . Now I know that I expected him to bring out this particular watch on this theme.....but I was hoping to see a few hidden gems. Some old school beauties. Some mid-century cool. But alas........nope........sad face emoji.

So.....our winner today....is

@BarberDave

Well, maybe tomorrow won't be so busy for me that I can do my hosting duties without stopping every 4 minutes to run off and work.

The theme for tomorrow is BLING!!!!
Thank you Steven Although you are getting somewhat passive agressive in your old age, Looking forward to tomorrow, and Where were your oh Dave of the too good for us Kind?

Welcome to the Lifestyles of the rich and arm hairless......with champagne dreams and caviar nightmares. Where Daves (plural) enjoy a charcuterie board (hey, I spelled that right on the first try......I guess I'm bougie now) while sipping on a glass of Merlot....with a pinkie out.

It's time for Watch Wars....Bling edition!!

If your watch makes a Kardashian envious...this is the competition for you. Let's see the shiny, expensive stuff.

First up is Dave....of the Bay Area Bougie crowd:

d2cfe222-b96e-4b51-a7db-87abb9157e22-jpeg.110261

Sweeeeeettttt!! Fancy!!! The face is just a display case for the Bling!! Nice! And he accessorized it with a Tesla...well, that's just cheating. The bar has been set.

Next up is Dave.....of the sleepy barber variety:

05-02-2023-jpeg.110273

Wow.....that's kinda cool. Not what I imagined from you in the Bling department...but it totally qualifies. The rose gold is nice and I'm always a fan of the carbon fiber. But the gold band doesn't match (and as you're the king of the Matchy Matchy......this is an egregious oversight on your part). And I'm quickly realizing that today's theme is gonna be heavy on the no numbers specimens. I did this one to myself.

Well, its noon and the judges are anxious to eat their lovely roast beef sandwich so let the judging begin:

Today's Blingiest watch goes to......

@NurseDave !!!!

Can't argue with that beauty of a timepiece. Congrats.

Ok......so there were only 2 competitors today......guess I'm too harsh on the rest of the Cadre and their watches.....or maybe I went too far with this theme?

For tomorrow let's try cheapest watch. I'm talking plastic. I'm talking drug store. I'm talking kids watch (oh and @Fenster ....it has to be a watch you actually own....mr. cheater).

Until next time......

You do march to the beat of your own drummer......of course, your drummer has been into the cider and is blindfolded with his pants around his ankles....so there's that.
Dude? I sent you those pictures in conference. 🤷

🤣🥃

Welcome to the Lifestyles of the rich and arm hairless......with champagne dreams and caviar nightmares. Where Daves (plural) enjoy a charcuterie board (hey, I spelled that right on the first try......I guess I'm bougie now) while sipping on a glass of Merlot....with a pinkie out.

It's time for Watch Wars....Bling edition!!

If your watch makes a Kardashian envious...this is the competition for you. Let's see the shiny, expensive stuff.

First up is Dave....of the Bay Area Bougie crowd:

d2cfe222-b96e-4b51-a7db-87abb9157e22-jpeg.110261

Sweeeeeettttt!! Fancy!!! The face is just a display case for the Bling!! Nice! And he accessorized it with a Tesla...well, that's just cheating. The bar has been set.

Next up is Dave.....of the sleepy barber variety:

05-02-2023-jpeg.110273

Wow.....that's kinda cool. Not what I imagined from you in the Bling department...but it totally qualifies. The rose gold is nice and I'm always a fan of the carbon fiber. But the gold band doesn't match (and as you're the king of the Matchy Matchy......this is an egregious oversight on your part). And I'm quickly realizing that today's theme is gonna be heavy on the no numbers specimens. I did this one to myself.

Well, its noon and the judges are anxious to eat their lovely roast beef sandwich so let the judging begin:

Today's Blingiest watch goes to......

@NurseDave !!!!

Can't argue with that beauty of a timepiece. Congrats.

Ok......so there were only 2 competitors today......guess I'm too harsh on the rest of the Cadre and their watches.....or maybe I went too far with this theme?

For tomorrow let's try cheapest watch. I'm talking plastic. I'm talking drug store. I'm talking kids watch (oh and @Fenster ....it has to be a watch you actually own....mr. cheater).

Until next time......

Not Harsh we’re just Busy Today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back