The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

ed2f15e92efa8bedcb31c73ba44e2f7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Watch Wars.............Aloha Style!

Island Time is something most have heard of but few have experienced. Let me tell ya.........it's addictive. Laying about......not worrying about nothing........no cares in the world....I'd make my time Island Time if I could. For those that don't know, Island Time is basically if the sun is up....it's daytime and rum punch is needed and so is a nap ...if the sun is not up....it's Mai Tai time followed by some good food and lets not forget to spend time with the lovely ladies.

So....who is thinking Island Time in today's Watch Wars??

First Up is Dave........the Boss Man version...

img_0447-jpeg.110066

Not really on theme......still ultra cool. The Meteorite look is amazing and I like the green accents to round out the Krypton bits.......but this doesn't say Island Time to me. Its super (see what I did there?) cool....but who's kicking back in a hammock wearing this? (the answer BTW is Dave).

Next up we have Rich.....Of the Straight Razor all the time kind...

image-jpg.110072

Ok...this is kinda cool. And it's giving me Island Time vibes......it's also making me rethink my assessment of Dave's watch...because the green now could be seen as Island Time....but not as much as this. I really like how the white hands pop against the light green face. Still not liking the no-numbers thing you guys keep throwing at me....I guess you're wearing me down with repetition. I feel like a Mai Tai would come with this watch. And the band is cool. Very matchy matchy.

Another returning champ, Its Dave.....the one with the bay view...

332fe07c-79fc-4bbd-9831-152d13b82889-jpeg.110077

Hmmm? This is not very Island Time at all. In fact, this looks like an attempt to trigger my Dodger-ness with his Giant colors (Giants suck, BTW). But the judges are impartial and are not going to let life-long devotion to the best baseball team ever cloud their unwavering ethics to judge this contest fairly. With that said.......I do actually like the look of this watch. The color notwithstanding, it really is very clear and sharp. The design kind of draws the eye into the face. The leather band goes really well with this one. And the numbers are there without distracting from the overall look. Although....I'm now seeing the pinstripes and it's triggering my Giant hatred......We'll move along..

Our final contestant for the day (I do have to work for a living)....Is Ed!!! he of the Ed version.

ed2f15e92efa8bedcb31c73ba44e2f7e.jpg

Wow.....now this is quite a watch. But.......this doesn't say Island Time to me. This says I have a shoulder that is being assaulted by a 20 pound watch. Still.....its a really cool looking watch. The metal band is more of the matchy-matchy but it would wreck havoc with my arm hair. Ah....but now I'm realizing that this a super divers watch......Oh, Ed was being tricksy. It's Island Time but underwater!!! Very good. But I can't enjoy a Rum Punch underwater. Nice try....I liked that you made me think about it......Ed's the clever one.

Ok....well the judges are going to refill their tankard and take a few rummy sips before they decide....

So the winner is.....

@Majorrich

Cheers to you, sir!!

Please join us next time (monday) on Watch Wars. And Aloha

Every time a Dave loses this watch wars I can just imagine the extra time spent on the computer looking at watches that are for sure to win... And their wife sitting behind them reaching over shoulder pushing alt-F4

Every time a Dave loses this watch wars I can just imagine the extra time spent on the computer looking at watches that are for sure to win... And their wife sitting behind them reaching over shoulder pushing alt-F4
Nah, I just make an offer to the winner.

Today I semi-jokingly implanted the idea in my wife’s mind that I may eventually be getting a BB58.

I received an exasperated look and was told “We can’t do that right now”.

It wasn’t a total shut down!

giphy-downsized.gif

Back