The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

Well I just stumbled upon this thread while searching for another one. There a lot of loved pets here at The Cadre!

We have 3 little critters in our house currently. Ozzy, a 6 year old domestic long hair cat, Willie (some of you might know this guy) a 5 and a half year old miniature dachshund, and Lucy, a 3 year old domestic shirt hair cat.

We we got our first little man, Ozzy, after a friend of ours rescued him from a hoarding situation. He was helping a mutual friend move and the person that owns the house had a problem with hoarding. My friend saw Ozzy and his girlfriend at the time grabbed him. He was probably about a month old and the owner of the house had no idea he was in the house. My friend couldn’t keep him, so my wife offered to take him. I was never a cat person, but she said if we kept him she would let me name him something cool like Slash or Ozzy. Ozzy stuck and he’s been with us ever since. He’s also the most well behaved of the group...

Next up is Willie. Some of you know his story already. His mother was left on the doorstep of a coworker of my wife, Erica. They both worked as vet techs at the same practice and when they realized that this little dachshund was pregnant, she asked Erica to help with the delivery. In return she got to take the pick of the litter. The delivery (occurred at the office) ended up being a C-section and Willie was the first one out. Erica picked him right away, and I fortunatly he was the only one to make it. They’re pretty sure he’s a double dapple, which is a genetic feature. When you breed 2 dapples to make a double dapple, typically only 1 out of 5 puppies survived and they tend to have a lot of birth defects. Willie was the only survivor out of 5 puppies, and he has bad eyes and a bad back. We still love him though lol. In fact, his name comes from the pirate in the movie The Goonies, One Eyed Willie, because of his funky eyes....

Last but not least is Lucy. She was found by a tow truck driver buddy of mine from work. He was picking up a car at a body shop, and as he was backing up to the car he heard a loud meowing. He stopped the truck, got out and looked behind it. There was Lucy sitting directly behind his truck, screaming at him lol. He brought her back to our yard and I naturally called Erica who said to bring her over to her at the vet. They determined that she was about 3 weeks old and had probably been abandoned by her mother. We took her in with the plan to foster her until she was old enough to be adopted. After the first night we decided to keep her. From the start she had personality...she’s very bad haha. Always getting in to things, and she seems to favor me over everyone else in the house. Not sure why. We named her Lucy after my Great Aunt Lucy (I was close with her) who also was very spunky lol. She was every bit the joker and the life of the party up until she passed at 83 years old!

We have 3 dogs 3 frogs and a Chinese water dragon. 1 of the frogs belongs to a friend that's staying with us and the other 2 are dart frogs I got for my wife's birthday gift. I'll start off with the dart frogs and the dragon.

their tank is set up as live/self cleaning. Basically a living mini ecosystem. Live plants and bugs in the dirt. Their names are twitch and midge.

We got this guy back in April. He is about 10ish months old we think. When we got him we had no clue what we were in for. Store said he could live his whole life in a 40 Gal tank. Yeah that's way to small. He will get up to 3 ft long and I am in the process of building a 2ftx4ftx6ft enclosure for him that will be a live ecosystem like the frogs when I'm done but much bigger.

Thanks. I have the frame together. Just need to pick up some Plywood to fill close it up. Also while doing the research for the build i came across something very interesing. There are people who actually make fish tanks out of Plywood. I highly recommend taking a look if for no other reason than it is just plain cool!

There are people who actually make fish tanks out of Plywood. I highly recommend taking a look if for no other reason than it is just plain cool!
Kinda hard to see your fish through the plywood!

Kinda hard to see your fish through the plywood!

It is amazing the advances in transparent plywood technology...
1f606.png

Been meaning to get around to it, but here’s a couple quick shot of my two Boas. Will get better pics later.

Orion

Artemis - she’s over 6 ft long

The weimaraner is Athena. She is a pure breed we got from some friends who had an oops litter. She was the runt of 13 and ended up being the biggest and healthiest. She is 7.
the black and white is Apollo. He's a lab mix we also got as a puppy from another oops litter. He is 5 the little one is fox. She is a chihuahua corgi mix from the shelter. She is 4 this is our friend's frog. Fully aquatic.

Back