The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
You have them, you love them, they are a part of your family: PETS!

Whether they have four legs, no legs, or 100! Whether they have fur, fins, or scales.....

Tell us about your pets! Post a pic or tell us a story about the animals in your life!

I have lots of pets. There are 108 animals in my home. Eventually I will share them all with you. Today I’m going to start with Monkey.

Monkey is my pet cat. Now, to start off, let me say that I have always hated cats. I’m allergic to them, and I was always a dog person, and NOT a cat person. But I’m an animal lover at heart and there’s a good reason I have a cat.

Almost two years ago I discovered a stray cat living on my back porch. She was gone during they day, but hunkering down there at night. We went outside one day and heard a noise, and discovered that she had had 5 kittens! When I discovered them when they were about 3 days old, based on their appearance, size, and their eyes were still shut.

Within a few days, the mother started moving the kittens elsewhere. However, she abandoned one of them and never came back for it. I waited to be sure, but the kitten was crying and was obviously hungry. Despite hating cats I didn't want the thing to suffer and it was awful listening to it cry. So I brought it in and decided to raise it. I had to start by bottle feeding it, and then wean it into solid food. It was very rewarding and even though I was allergic to him, he really grew on me. The allergy was mild, and I’ve gotten used to him over time. I still get itchy and teary if I touch my eyes after petting him, but Visine Allergy gets me through it.

He’ll be 2 years old in September. Meet Monkey!

Not what you thought I was going to start with was it?

I think I have stated it before, but I have two dogs...Allie and Chauncey. Chauncey is a chocolate dapple dachshund and Allie is...well...she's a black dog. A lab something mix. She was a rescue...but as it was said before...she rescued us.

Nice Don. I grew up with mineature dachshunds. We had a pair, then three puppies. We kept one of the puppies and eventually found the others new homes. “Sheba” lived to be 15 years old. Loved that dog.

Good stuff KJ. I am not a cat person either. I am VERY allergic to them. But they are funny creatures and they grow on you. Monkey is lucky to have you...or are you lucky to have him? Either way he is awesome!

Allie was a Staffordshire terrier we rescued when pregnant. 10 pups. We kept 1, Mocha. They're both gone now and sorely missed.

Good looking dogs! I am sorry they are both gone now. One of my weenies passed on this past Thanksgiving. I never would have thought I would miss her so much. The tend to fill up any empty space inside you.

Sweet looking dogs Don.

KJ you have a good heart and Monkey knows it. Look forward to meeting the rest of your clan.

This is Peanut. We also have a cat Roscoe, that is bigger than the dog.

This is Peanut. We also have a cat Roscoe, that is bigger than the dog.

Awesome dog Craig! You need to dress Peanut up in a bat outfit for Halloween! Those ears and colors...what an adorable bat! Thanks for sharing Craig!

This is a great thread! We are huge animal lovers. I will get some pics snapshotted and get em posted!

These are my girls. They all make my life a joy.

Top is Napoli, our old lady. 12 year old Boxer/Lab/Retriever mix.

This is Beauty. 4ish year old Shepherd and mystery mix. She’s exhausted from the terror of the fireworks last night.

Loving this thread. These were my girls, Honey and Domino, both gone now, and not a day goes by that I don't miss them. Sorry I haven't been around this past week, but the brutal heat and humidity we had made me physically ill and I was kinda bedbound. This is my first day up and about, thank goodness.

Great looking fury family members all around! Sorry for your loss Sue. And sorry to hear that you were not fealing well. Hopeful you are better now and if not...I hope that you get on soon!

We have 2 dogs and one cat. My wife and son want more cats, but they are both very allergic.
This is Valentine. My kids saw her at the shelter and had to have her. We had no idea what she was. We were guessing a medium sized dog. The previous owner just left her and her sisters in a box on the step of the shelter.
This is a few weeks later. Almost as long as my legs. We had taken her to the vet and found out she is a Great Dane mix.
This is her now. She is 18 months. According to the experts, she is still growing too. That is one of those extra large pet beds that she is dwarfing.

Back