The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

Dave why does Ruger look like he is about to attack you? Siamese tend to pick one owner who has he chosen? I'm guessing Sharon by that look

And couldn't help it... Here's the girls staying up high from the kids and puppy

Cvargo said:
Siamese tend to pick one owner

If that’s the case, Monkey might be part Siamese.... he’s fine with me, but he literally attacks my kids. They are scared of him.

Dave why does Ruger look like he is about to attack you? Siamese tend to pick one owner who has he chosen? I'm guessing Sharon by that look

Actually I am his.. he hangs out by the computer when I am on it, he was purring and sleeping. I woke him up

Actually I am his.. he hangs out by the computer when I am on it, he was purring and sleeping. I woke him up

You woke a sleeping cat? Might want to skip the shave tomorrow. Murphy could be being summoned

If that’s the case, Monkey might be part Siamese.... he’s fine with me, but he literally attacks my kids. They are scared of him.

Possible. You got yourself a guard cat. Pretty funny actually. I know you weren't a real cat person but I am sure you must admit they are hilarious in how they go about this world.

This is Christmas cat. My kids found him hissing in their play house when he was just a few months old. The first time SWMBO and I saw him, the kids were holding him around the chest with his bottom half dangling down as they were walking up the hill to the house. He never even offered to scratch them. We are pretty sure he was kicked out of his stay family and was probably border line starving. He is not much of a hunter. The only thing he will even try to hunt is flies. He is the most gentle cat I have ever been around. Which is good because of how much the kids poke at him. He is a Flame Point Siamese.

Good lord I step away from this thread for a few minutes and it blows up! Great looking family members all around!

This is Christmas cat. My kids found him hissing in their play house when he was just a few months old. The first time SWMBO and I saw him, the kids were holding him around the chest with his bottom half dangling down as they were walking up the hill to the house. He never even offered to scratch them. We are pretty sure he was kicked out of his stay family and was probably border line starving. He is not much of a hunter. The only thing he will even try to hunt is flies. He is the most gentle cat I have ever been around. Which is good because of how much the kids poke at him. He is a Flame Point Siamese.

What a great story!

This is our puppy Bailey. She turns one in August. We got her back in October. Before her my wife and I had a dog who was a great dog but sadly developed brain cancer and it caused him to become aggressive his demeanor was not himself. After biting our son we made decision to put our dog out of his pain. After that I vowed I would never get another dog. After my daughter was born we realized that owning a dog is more than the sicknesses and even though we had the cats the house still seemed empty. So we decided to look for a small dog that could grow up with the kids. We did not so rescue as I wanted a puppy that I could train and ensure no background issues. I was being very cautious.

When we showed up there were 3 puppies 2 little brown puff balls and then Bailey. The other two ran around the room playing with each other. While Bailey walked over to Connor climbed in his lap and fell asleep. She chose us. We had no choice but to get her. She is a shih tzu dachsund mix and honestly probably the most well behaved dog I have ever had. She doesn't even bark at the door bell. She let's Connor and Sadie literally maul her. We love her.

Here she is today

And here she is when we first got her

Our last animal is Hux. He is the elder statesman of the 3. We got him when Arabella was 1 from a rancher. He is now 7 and going strong. He is very protective of my wife and kids. Once when we were still in Montana, we went out for a walk around the neighborhood when a neighbor's dog had gotten out and was trying to play too roughly. He was about 2/3 the size, but kept body checking the other dog into the ditch to keep it away from the kids. He is a mix between a Border Collie, Australian Sheppard, and Blue Healer.

This was him a few years ago.

Love a good family protector dog. Want to get one eventually. Just no way I could keep a dog right now.

Our last animal is Hux. He is the elder statesman of the 3. We got him when Arabella was 1 from a rancher. He is now 7 and going strong. He is very protective of my wife and kids. Once when we were still in Montana, we went out for a walk around the neighborhood when a neighbor's dog had gotten out and was trying to play too roughly. He was about 2/3 the size, but kept body checking the other dog into the ditch to keep it away from the kids. He is a mix between a Border Collie, Australian Sheppard, and Blue Healer.

This was him a few years ago.

My first dog (long since gone) was a Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd/ Queensland Heeler mix. She was on the lower side of medium, but what a great dog. Intelligent, alert, and had some of the herding instinct still...she was fast and she loves to playfully nip at heels and hook her paw around your leg when running around. Super fun!

Back