The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

1st date anniversary #24 today. I have not mentioned it to my wife and she seems blissfully unaware.
There’s a rare occurrence, around here! The missus would never forget something like that and makes sure I don’t either 😂

Sep.10: ASD2 w/Voskhod(5) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Nothing much to report on today except that it's Friday and I had a great shave.

AND My wife was *meh* about the cookies last night ... until she ate the first one.

Then she had a second ... and a third ... and a ......
I suggested she spread them out over a few days. FEW = 2 in this case. 😜

Today's workout was:
- 1 hr lakeside walk

Sep.11: ASD2 w/Voskhod(6) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice walk by the lake this morning. We traversed a section of our local waterfront 2 town over that we had not walked so far. Plotting it on Google Maps, it looks like we have covered 35.6km (~22m) of trail along Lake Ontario. If we want to discover "new" spots, it will either be inland or a few more towns away.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hr 10 min lakeside walk

1631375810129.png

Sep.11: ASD2 w/Voskhod(6) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice walk by the lake this morning. We traversed a section of our local waterfront 2 town over that we had not walked so far. Plotting it on Google Maps, it looks like we have covered 35.6km (~22m) of trail along Lake Ontario. If we want to discover "new" spots, it will either be inland or a few more towns away.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hr 10 min lakeside walk

View attachment 60396
I seeeeee you

I have just started play in a memorial tournament for the 6th World Correspondence Champion (1971... thanks for the typo catch, @NurseDave! ), GM Horst Rittner, who passed away in June, just shy of his 91st birthday.

To achieve a SIM norm (need two to earn the Senior International Master) title), I will need to go +3. This could be tough as we only play 10 games and are all have a very similar rating. On the plus side, if I get lucky, a GM norm only needs a single extra win after that. Hey, ya gotsta have dreemz.

Wish me luck!
1631385081486.png

Last edited:
Sam awaiting his opponents next move

giphy.gif

Sep.12: ASD2 w/Voskhod(7) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

The Voskhod blade did pretty good. I'd rank it below the 1-Nacet and 2-GSB blades, but #3 isn't too shabby a place to be.

We went to a conservation area in the north end of our town for a walk. We could hear a few birds and a crow, but nary a sight of any wildlife at all.

Today's workout was:
- 55 min walk

Sep.13: ASD2 w/Rapira Swedish(1) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Popped in a Rapira Swedish Supersteel this morning and I must say that it is disappointing. It had a much harder time cutting my chin whiskers than did the Voskhod on shave-7. Not much hope for this blade to last a week but we will see.

Today's workout was:
- *nada*

Back