The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Awaiting the Paladin Sumo picture:
F11C7C2E-C6B6-4299-A3C7-4A3E61A6712F.gif
Paladin makes a great brush…if the one I have is any indicator! 😂

Aug.31: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(2) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another nice shave today. The Paladin loads very quickly and I am surprised that the 26mm knot does not feel too large for me face. A very nice brush indeed.

For the month, I have had 17 DE shaves and 14 Injector ones.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour lakeside walk
- 40 min elliptical

Sep.01: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(3) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A late shave today, as we were out this morning for an appointment and then both of us were super-hungry when we got home, so we had an early lunch. Now it's ~1:30 and I'm hungry again. LOL

Bowl lathered for this shave and, while it looked good, it was thin on my face. I think I'll go back to face lathering again.

Happy September!

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour lakeside walk
- 0 min elliptical

Sep.02: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(4) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

13C/55F this morning for our 7am walk by the lake. Brrr, I wore jeans and a light jacket rather than my normal t-shirt and shorts.

The Paladin was back to providing a superb face-lathering experience again this morning. I need to give credit to @Somnos for the opportunity to use this excellent brush (and the coffee and natas on Sunday!); a Paladin is something I never would have considered based simply on their sticker price. Thanks, Ed!

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour lakeside walk
- 40 min elliptical

Also part of the “Acquired my Paladin 2nd hand for a good deal” club. Still don’t think I’d spend retail on it given the number of good, significantly less expensive synths I have, but I do think it’s one of my favorite brushes.

Sep.03: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(5) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm.

No lakeside walk this morning as my wife was up late watching movies, but I still spent time exercising with my mom via Facetime; me on the elliptical, her on her treadmill. Off to shoulder physio in a few minutes.

Today's workout was:
- 40 min elliptical

Back