The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I have a theory she sleeps half the night on the couch to have the watching movies excuse to get out of these death marches.

Sep.04: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(6) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

*Whew* I am pooped this morning after my walks. I normally get about 40-50 mins between them but only had about 15 mins this morning.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour 5 mins lakeside walk
- 40 min elliptical

Sep.05: ASD2 w/Rapira Stainless(7) ... Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

The Rapira Stainless delivers an acceptable shave in the ASD2. It's not a DFS, as I can feel stubble when applying balm under my chin, but it's more than good enough for me. Not near the Nacet though, but that's a pretty high benchmark.

Today's workout was:
- 1 hour lakeside walk

Sam, you are a beautiful human being. I hope you have a lovely day.
Still heavy into the whiskey samplers from last night, yes? 😜

But thank you, Dave. I try to be a good person, but often fall short for a variety of reasons.

Today is my wife's birthday. 💃:love: Well, actually it is the celebration of the anniversary of her birthday, but she prefers the shortened version for some reason. When we woke up at 6:30 this morning, the first thing she asked was whether we could go for our walk or if that noise she was hearing was rain. It was a light rain, which allowed her to get another hour of blissful sleep and then we had coffee and toast before heading out. She was happy!

We gorged on Greek food Saturday, Greek leftovers and some biryani yesterday, going out for sushi & teriyaki today with some close friends, and probably fish and chips tomorrow. This will have hit most of her cravings ... I think. Well, except for world travel. :ROFLMAO:

Still heavy into the whiskey samplers from last night, yes? 😜

But thank you, Dave. I try to be a good person, but often fall short for a variety of reasons.

Today is my wife's birthday. 💃:love: Well, actually it is the celebration of the anniversary of her birthday, but she prefers the shortened version for some reason. When we woke up at 6:30 this morning, the first thing she asked was whether we could go for our walk or if that noise she was hearing was rain. It was a light rain, which allowed her to get another hour of blissful sleep and then we had coffee and toast before heading out. She was happy!

We gorged on Greek food Saturday, Greek leftovers and some biryani yesterday, going out for sushi & teriyaki today with some close friends, and probably fish and chips tomorrow. This will have hit most of her cravings ... I think. Well, except for world travel. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday to your wife! You remembered - so that is always a positive!

1630949573732.png

Sep.07: ASD2 w/Voskhod(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Not too much to report on today. We gorged on sushi yesterday for supper (I am actually up 2 lbs this morning! :ROFLMAO:) , so we(she) decided to skip our morning walk today.

Today's workout was:
- 40 mins elliptical

Sep.07: ASD2 w/Voskhod(2) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Not too much to report on today. We gorged on sushi yesterday for supper (I am actually up 2 lbs this morning! :ROFLMAO:) , so we(she) decided to skip our morning walk today.

Today's workout was:
- 40 mins elliptical
I think you found the key to your massiveness plan. Rice!

Sep.08: ASD2 w/Voskhod(3) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A nice and easy shave today. The Paladin continues to prove its mettle.

We have a pretty good rain storm filled with thunder and lightning from around 9pm to about 4am this morning. Unlike @August West , we thankfully experienced no power outages, but about half of our tomato plants are flattened to the ground, some with their cages actually bent down rather than being pulled up as the plant was buffeted by the winds.

Today's workout was:
- 45 min neighbourhood walk

Sep.09: ASD2 w/Voskhod(4) ............. Paladin Sumo ......... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

The Voskhod is working out well and, after four(4) shaves, seems to be holding up better than the Rapiras, but it's still not a Nacet.

1st date anniversary #24 today. I have not mentioned it to my wife and she seems blissfully unaware. 😘 I'll pick up some nice Italian cookies for her this afternoon on my way back from the dentist. We'll see if that jogs her mid or if she is still in a birthday food coma. 🤣

Today's workout was:
- 4o min elliptical

Voshkod isn't a Nacet alright, especially in a ASD2.

So sweet you remember your first date anniversary, my wife and I do too. Well she does, and reminds me.

Back from the dentist (it was a consult only, no work) and picked up a 6-pack of Italian cookies for my wife. They're hidden under her couch pillow, so she will discover them soon enough. 😜 In the meantime, she has not mentioned our date anniversary, which means she has forgotten. :cautious:

But she made scones, so all is forgiven. :love:

Back