The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Aug.09: Injector I2 w/Personna(8) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.11: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) ... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) ... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.13: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) ... Graydog silvertip .... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.14: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) ... Graydog silvertip .... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) ... Graydog silvertip .... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

As always, simple shaves this week. I switched over to my @Graydog silvertip (Omega silvertip in a 1305-style maple handle from Steve) and it is a wonderful thing! The Personna blade is near end-of-life and I will be switching back to my ASD2 and trying a GSB from @Somnos .

Have a great day!

Mr Pusher. Do you mind if I call you Wood? We haven't gotten a chess worldwide domination update for quite some time.

There's not a helluva lot going on in term of things to report. Games going slowly with some folks that are simply lost taking 2-3 weeks to reply. Even though the engines show mate coming, I cannot claim the win until there are 7 or less pieces left on the board and need to wait for the resignation. No biggie as the wins are in the bag.

Have to factor in the ensuing confusion and chaos surrounding internet packets entering and leaving the UK and EU post-Brexit, even if they're just passing through en route to elsewhere in the world.

Digging through my part of the bathroom (i.e. one area under a sick), I finally found my 2019 Rudolph Christmas Gift Exchange olivewood bowl from my good buddy (and YOURS!) @Majorrich . If I recall correctly, it was absorbing soap and slightly colour the soap's edge a light brown which is why I put it away. Fast forward a year and a half and I found a small can of clear coat in the garage. Let's see if a few coats (planning three) will make a difference.
9E0369A1-DB7B-462C-8683-1C3839B0E61C.jpeg

Very nice bowl! 😍

There's not a helluva lot going on in term of things to report. Games going slowly with some folks that are simply lost taking 2-3 weeks to reply. Even though the engines show mate coming, I cannot claim the win until there are 7 or less pieces left on the board and need to wait for the resignation. No biggie as the wins are in the bag.
They saw your well shaved mug, knew there was no chance, and gave up all hope. 😂

Back