The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Enlightenment ... It comes when least expected.

While reaching up inside our central vac unit to "hand comb" down the fuzzy stuff from the filter, I found a finger loop. Who knew that the filter was removable for cleaning? For the past 20 years, not I!!!! :eek:

Enlightenment ... It comes when least expected.

While reaching up inside our central vac unit to "hand comb" down the fuzzy stuff from the filter, I found a finger loop. Who knew that the filter was removable for cleaning? For the past 20 years, not I!!!! :eek:
The instruction manual…such a powerful thing! Though I am not knocking you Sam…many a life lesson learned by me on more than one occasion! 😂

The manual (even current online ones... and yes, we still have the original. SWMBO doesn't throw any manuals away) just say to put a bag over the bottom of the container, grab the sand bag weight at the bottom of the filter and shake it. Nothing about removing it. BUT .... I do see replacement cloth filters available for it, which leads me to believe that I have not broken anything. ;)

Oh, they helped* all right!!!! ^@$#%^$#!@* :ROFLMAO:

Of course, the fallen branch just HAD to land right on top of one of our hot pepper pots and crack a bunch of bearing stems. Grrr.

I can laugh now, but I was crestfallen this morning. Anybody want some plums?

YES!, but alas AZ Agriculture wont let anything in, and sorry about the Missile to the Peppers

Shaving-wise, not a great deal going on with variety this month, but that's pretty much the norm for me anyways.

Razors: ASD2 using Gillette Nacet (4 shaves, a GREAT blade) and Gillette Rubie (13 shaves, not too shabby either)
.............. Injector I2 w/Personna(14 shaves, this continues to deliver)
Brush: B&B Essential boar
Soap: Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime
AS: Captain's Choice Lime balm

I'm still working my way though the DE blade sampler pack that @Somnos provided me MANY moons ago. So far, the Nacets stand heads above everything else I have tried, but I still have 13 more different blades to use in my ASD2.

Happy last day of July!

Reviewing my week of GREAT Injector shaves:
Aug.02: Injector I2 w/Personna(1) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.03: Injector I2 w/Personna(2) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.04: Injector I2 w/Personna(3) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.05: Injector I2 w/Personna(4) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.06: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.07: Injector I2 w/Personna(6) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm
Aug.08: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) ..... Chubby 2, synth ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Still another week to go on my Personna blade. I have used them for up to 3 weeks but the last few shaves are hit and miss, so I call it after 2 weeks just to be able to swap to a fresh blade on a Monday. The older you get, the more non-thinking routines come into play. 🧓

Those are very pretty Sam. But my one experience with bitter melon was not pleasant.

Back