The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Pretty sure that level of activity grants you “professional” and maybe even “journeyman” status. You need to get yourself a certificate of completion made up 😂

Apparently, my hours (and hours ... and hours) of being on my hands and knees in the front yard picking dandelions over the past few weeks has not gone unnoticed by the neighbourhood. While out walking with my wife the other day, someone on the other side of the street called out to me .... "You're the dandelion guy!" :eek:

I've been called worse.:ROFLMAO:

So .... what's new?

Not too much on my end. Still shaving daily, rotating between my ASD2 and Injector whenever a blade is due to be swapped. That's 1 week for a DE blade and a fortnight for a Personna injector blade.

I have been missing a bunch of weights work, but still hitting 40 minutes on the elliptical every morning and upping the resistance so that I can feel the erectors in my back getting a good going over.

Yard work still continues, with 3 cubic yards of triple mix coming in sometime tomorrow. I'll need to get it all moved using a recycle bin to function as my non-existent wheelbarrow before Saturday evening, as that's when both my wife and I get our 2nd Covid jabs.

There we go. All caught up.

16 hours in and both my wife and I are doing fine after jab#2(Pfizer). The only thing I noticed this morning is that I felt a muscle pain when elevating my right arm above my head when putting away dishes. If that's all the side effects we suffer, I'll be super happy.

After 2 weeks with a Personna blade in my Injector, I started back with my ASD2 and a Nacet blade. Wow, that's a nice blade! :love: (Thanks, @Somnos) Threw it in my Red Tip this morning to see how it would behave and .... nope ... swapped it back to the ASD2 after pass-1. Even though I used to shave with straights, my Slim @9 and the Red Tip on a regular basis, I have to say that the Red Tip was too aggressive for me this morning. I think that I will stick to the ASD2 as my preferred DE.

No worries Sam. I have the Red Tip due to rotate back in along with a few other TTO. Don't know how it will do. The ASD2 has really become a fav of mine also. Currently loaded up with a Crystal blade (re-branded Personna) and doing quite nicely.

Back