The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Today's dandelion tally equated to one full yard bag of weeds. Wifey was so impressed, we then moved her her garden, followed by me moving 4 rocks to the front garden. Smallest was around 70 lbs and i figure the largest was around 180 or so and I had to roll it onto a dolly to move it. Needless to say, I am once again ...... pooped!

largest was around 180 or so and I had to roll it onto Dolly.
58la4l.jpg

May.07: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) .... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

No weights today. After pulling weeds for 4 hours in the backyard yesterday, I'm stiff all over.

Today's workout was:
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Time to do some across the chess board stretches!

Hows things going for you in that lately? Have some matches going?

Well, I somehow managed to finish tied for 1st (2nd after 2nd tiebreaker applied) in the World Cup Semi-Finals and have qualified to play in the Finals to start in June/July. Not sure if there will be 11, 13 or 15 folks playing in the event. Other than that, I'm just making moves and trying to plod along and do my best dogsboddy impression...
1620410748763.png

May.08: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) .... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Mid-afternoon shave today as I went pulling dandelions for a few hours after my elliptical time this morning. No weights as I knew my back would get a solid going over while on my hands and knees weeding.

Today's workout was:

May.09: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) .... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

A late shave today (5pm) as I spent 4.5 hours pulling dandelions from 11:30am-5pm (2 x 30 min breaks). Man, am I going to be stiff tomorrow, but the shave was great!

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows

May.10: ASD2 w/Gillette Plat(1) ........... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

After my weed-pull workout yesterday, I didn't go with the weights today. After time on the elliptical, I pulled weeds again today for 1.5 hrs. Shavewise, I switched over to my ASD2 for this week.

Today's workout was:

May.11: ASD2 w/Gillette Plat(2) ........... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

No weights again today as more dandelion pulling awaits. I bumped up my elliptical time to 40 mins, as my facetime workout partner, my 84 year old mom, has been hitting 38 mins on her treadmill regularly now and I need to keep pace. :eek:

Today's workout was:
- 40 mins on the elliptical

May.12: ASD2 w/Gillette Plat(3) ........... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Once more, pulling dandelions supersedes weights. Another few hours at it today. I should be done by November.

Another later shave today (4pm) after calling it quits on the yardwork. Ended up with 3 weepers. :cautious: Booooo!

Today's workout was:

May.13: ASD2 w/Gillette Plat(4) ........... Graydog Horse ..... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Another "no weights" day today. I spent the day mowing the lawn and tilling our 5 box gardens (1 is 20' long!) as well as two open beds in preparation for planting. After that, I pulled a bunch of dandelions ... again. I am pooped.

Today's workout was:

Dandelion pulling is now officially in *Maintenance Mode*!!

Started pulling on May.03, so that's 16 days since I started (some no-pulling break days because I'm old and out of shape) and the damage is:
- more aches and pains than you can shake a stick at and
- 9 lawn bags full of yellow demons; 3 bags two weeks ago and another 6 for tomorrow's garbage truck.

I would not be surprised if I pull another 2 bags or more for the next scheduled pick-up on Jun.02 (bi-weekly).

Back