The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.23: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(5) .... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

'Tis Friday and that's always a good thing in my books. After a few chilly days and waking up to freshly fallen snow on the ground, we'll be very nice today, so this afternoon I'll be transplanting our seven Rose of Sharon bushes from the backyard to the front.

Today's workout was:
- 33 mins on the elliptical

I love Rose of Sharon for all the flowers. Bees love them too. I put in a nice hedge of it at our first house. So easy to work with, and they grow like weeds.
NOTHING attracts Japanese beetles like Rose of Sharon!!!

e3d1898f057c41cff3cb1fe94b998a93.jpg

Apr.25: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(7) .... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Tomorrow starts a new week and I get to decide whether to use the ASD2 or switch over to my Injector. I'll also be finished my no-weights recovery week.

Today's workout was:

Apr.26: Injector I2 w/Personna(1) ....... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Decided to go with the Injector and had a great shave. After a week of elliptical-only, it's back on the weights this morning.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows

Apr.27: Injector I2 w/Personna(2) ....... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Other than a fine and simple shave, there's not much to report on.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.28: Injector I2 w/Personna(3) ....... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Seems to be rain all this week. Good for the garden, but not so good for the pleasure of gardening. The Soapy Bathman is indeed a nice soap.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical ... I left the INTERVAL program and went back to the GLUTE one.

Apr.29: Injector I2 w/Personna(4) ....... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Rain forecast for most the coming week. Hopefully I will be able to get some yard work and external minor electrical done over the next few days.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Back