The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.16: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) ..... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Nice and simple shave today. The Palmolive stick has been puck-ified for a while now and is probably in it's last few days.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Apr.17: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) ..... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

The Palmolive soap is much smaller than yesterday.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows

Apr.18: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) ..... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Tomorrow will the the last Palmolive shave; it has been a good 9 weeks with the little stick. No weights today as I will enter a recovery week to rest up.

Today's workout was:

Apr.19: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(1) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Last shave with the Palmolive stick today and it was great! Soapy Bathman's Tropical Lime is ready to go starting tomorrow. I will also switch over to Captain's Choice Lime AS balm, as I rarely get the opportunity to match soap+AS.

Today's workout was:

Apr.20: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(2) .... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

First shave with the Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime this morning. Loads easily and smells great. Although the lather was not as creamy as the Palmolive stick, I expect it to improve as I dial it in over the next few shaves. So far, so good.

Preparing a trench/bed in our front yard to move the Rose of Sharon plants from our backyard to make room for more veggies. About 20' dug so far, with lots of evil, gnarly roots from an old tree making for some extra work exercise.

Today's workout was:

Last edited:
Apr.21: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(3) .... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Snow on the ground this morning, but it should melt away before tomorrow, so all is well. A very nice shave was had to boot!

Today's workout was:

1619016320118.png

"Soapy Bathman" soap sounds like a bubble bath to me!
iu

Apr.22: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(4) .... RV Shavemac ....... Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime ... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Yup, the Soap Bathman soap is good. Easy to lather, smells great, slick enough, and good post-shave feel. Alas, Chris closed up his shave shop and started a new business focusing on beards.

Today's workout was:
- 33 mins on the elliptical (switched over to a different program)

Back