The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.12: Injector I2 w/Personna(8) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

The rain continues.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Apr.13: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Today's workout was:

No weights today as I had to take a couple of ibuprofen this morning. My wife gave me a solid 5am elbow *thump* right between the shoulder blades when she rolled over. :rolleyes:

Walked over to the local pharmacy to pick up some ibuprofen and, since I was there, decided to pick up some aftershave as well. It's been a while since I've had Aqua Velva Ice Blue (or any type for that matter!) and Skin Bracer.

There's just something about those old school drug store splashes that really click for me. Helps that Old Spice reminds me of my father and AV Ice Blue was the first AS splash I ever used once I started shaving in my teens. I don't find SB or AV to be particularly long lasting but sometimes that's exactly what I want.

Apr.14: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) ..... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Back to my normal morning routine today, which includes facetiming with my mom while I am on the elliptical and she on her treadmill. Today was extra special as she turned 84 years young.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

All done with Pfizer jab-1! Apparently my morning workouts are noticeable, as the nurse asked me to relax my arm three times before finally saying "You have a lot of muscle." True story!! :p

All done with Pfizer jab-1! Apparently my morning workouts are noticeable, as the nurse asked me to relax my arm three times before finally saying "You have a lot of muscle." True story!! :p
Was this her?

6631437271_996c39ce31_z.jpg

Apr.15: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) ..... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

As you are aware, I received the 1st Pfizer jab yesterday (mom's magical birthday present to me) and the shoulder is a little stiff if I raise it above 130 degrees or so... or try to plug in the kettle. Other than that, there are no issues so far and I was able to run through my normal morning routine.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Back