The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Apr.01: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(4) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

New month, so I switched up my aftershave to Captain's Choice Venture balm (VERY nice indeed!) and the brush to my Rudy Vey Shavemac. A wonderful way to kick off April.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Apr.02: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(5) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

An excellent Good Friday shave, in both name and results.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.02: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(5) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

An excellent Good Friday shave, in both name and results.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
Have a good Good Friday, Sam. :)

Apr.03: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(6) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

A few degrees below freezing again today, so no yard work for me. Post-workout shave was great.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.04: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(7) .... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Happy Laundry Day Easter, everyone!

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

PS. It's still Laundry Day. :sneaky:

Apr.05: Injector I2 w/Personna(1) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Back to the Injector for the next two weeks.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.07: Injector I2 w/Personna(3) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

For some reason, the face feels a little rougher post-shave. Must have been my angle.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.08: Injector I2 w/Personna(4) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Better shave today than yesterday. This evening, my age group opens up for booking the Covid jab. Hopefully, I can get in without too much wait but a look at the schedule yesterday shows the next two weeks fully booked. I'll have to check daily, as they only make appts for a rolling 2-week window.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.09: Injector I2 w/Personna(5) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.10: Injector I2 w/Personna(6) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Nice shave; nice weather ... What a nice way to kick off a Saturday.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Apr.11: Injector I2 w/Personna(7) ....... RV Shavemac .......... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Venture balm

Rain started today and will continue for most of the week. This is good as we did not have enough snow over the winter. Hopefully, the rain is on/off so we do not get the ground totally saturated to the point of flooding.

A few days ago, I started some seeds indoors; 54 bush beans and 48 bitter melon plants. I'll start tomatoes sometime in the next few days.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press

Back