The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.23: Injector I2 w/Personna(9) ...... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

After WFH for most of the past 10 months, my wife is back in the office for a 2-week rotation. House sure is quite and I keep waiting for the mid-morning callout to make more coffee. :coffee:

Workout and shave were good again this morning.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lb farmer's walk
- 3x7 @75lb bench press
- 3x7x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Mar.24: Injector I2 w/Personna(10) .... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Back to my Chubby-2 synth this morning. This is a brush that I am having great trouble staying away from. Oh, woe is me! :ROFLMAO:

In case you couldn't guess what my exercise was this morning, today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

Mar.25: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) .... Graydog silvertip ..... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Spring weather is starting to become semi-normal here, so it's almost time to work on the yard and get the box gardens ready for planting.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

No bucket-o-seeds this year. Last fall, I kept each type of tomato separate and let them rot down before taking out the seeds. Twas quite stinky in the garage for a few months :ROFLMAO: but at least we will have an idea as to what kind of tomatoes we will be planting in each bed.

Mar.25: Injector I2 w/Personna(11) .... Graydog silvertip ..... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Spring weather is starting to become semi-normal here, so it's almost time to work on the yard and get the box gardens ready for planting.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press
Another lever action guy, do you ever open it? I've read that they don't really get very dirty in there.

I open the lever generally on two occasions:
- after 2 weeks when I get ready to swap the old blade out, I rinse it "open" to get out any crud, let it dry overnight while open, close it the next morning and insert a new blade
- if my lather was too thick and I do not see full light between the blade and guard after rinsing. (maybe once per week)

Other than that, the lever stays closed. It's the head geometry that does it for me, so an I1 would be just as nice to use.

Mar.26: Injector I2 w/Personna(12) .... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Beyond the fact that it is drizzly and wet outside, it's FRIDAY!!! ... which means that it is a good day 😁

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

Mar.27: Injector I2 w/Personna(13) .... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Not much going on today and a little too chilly for comfortable yardwork.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

Mar.28: Injector I2 w/Personna(14) .... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

It's Sunday, which means that a new blade goes in the razor for tomorrow morning, unless I use the ASD2 :p . I get 2 weeks of solid shaves from a Personna blade in the Injector.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

Not making much progress on my weight-gain adventure.
1616945147712.png

Mar.29: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(1) ... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Switched over to the ASD2 this morning and got a great shave with it.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @75lb bench press

Mar.30: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(2) ... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Wifey goes for Pfizer shot #1 later this evening, so the day is looking good!!

Upped my rep count slightly this morning. Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows

Mar.31: ASD2 w/Gillette 7 o'clock(3) ... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Great shave to close out the month. 14 SE shaves, 17 DE.

Today's workout was:
- 3x8 @75lb bench press
- 3x8x2 @50lb dumbbell rows

Back