The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.08: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(1) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

My Nivea balm is just about done with maybe 1-2 more days use left. It's really nice and making me think about switching from splashes to balms.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lbs farmer's walk
- 3x7x2 @50lb dumbbell rows
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Mar.09: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(2) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Simple and easy shave this morning, just like they're supposed to be.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @70lb bench press

Thanks, Chris. Mom is back in the saddle again and feeling much better. She has a history of IBS and diverticulitis, so these issues are not unexpected, but are still unwelcome.

I found Cat'o'Nine Tails cut with Aqua Velva to be quite nice.
scaredbaby.gif

Mar.10: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(3) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

My bottle of Nivea Cool sensitive balm finished this morning. It was good enough for consideration as a re-purchase down the road. Up next is my Captain's Choice Lime balm.

Today's workout was:

Mar.11: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(4) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

First use of my Captain's Choice Lime balm and it was great. Absorbs fast and is not greasy, with a delicate lime scent. Seems much stronger taking a whiff from the bottle, but I like it!

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @70lb bench press

Mar.12: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(5) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Day-2 with the Captain's Choice Lime balm and I appreciate how this product is working. The scent is light and steps into the background rather than being "in your face" and that's a good thing, as it is an aftershave, not a cologne. My wife can detect it on my if I ask her to smell me (she usually runs away when I do that 💩), but my nose becomes accustomed to it by the time it is absorbed fully into the skin. And that's the other great thing about it; it is quick absorbing, non-greasy, and leaves me feeling nice.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @50lb dumbbell rows

Mar.13: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(6) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Even with 2 years after purchase, the Captain's Choice Lime balm hits the face with a wonderful , light scent. By the time I am done dressing, my nose is accustomed to it but the skin benefits continue nonetheless.

Workout-wise, rather than alternate the bench press and dumbbell rows per day, I did both today and will try to continue in this vein.

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @ 70lb bench press

Mar.14: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(7) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Captain's Choice Lime balm

Felt a little woozy through most of yesterday, starting when on the elliptical. A good bit better this morning, but not entirely back to normal. I thought about forgoing today's exercise, but since I am doing doing anything potentially dangerous with high weights, I decided to go for it. I was fine until about 5 mins on the elliptical, when my slight bobbing and the room a little tipsy if I closed my eyes. Solution: keep my eyes open. Feeling okay now (~1.5 hrs later) but still going to take it easy for the rest of the day,

Today's workout was:
- 3x7 @70lb bench press

Stable at 156 lbs for most of the past two weeks.
1615734816748.png

Back