The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

My experience with the Sensor was similar. You can certainly get one month from a cart, but the last week can be a little rough. With the injector giving me a month per blade, that seems a fair alternative (though both still feel like cheating!).

I have to revisit my Jectah after this one blade challenge is through. I never felt like I was getting the same quality shaves that everyone says they get from theirs.

The angle is different, @SteveChuckFrank , with the head flatter against the face. I.E. lift the end of the handle to be more parallel to the ground when doing your cheeks.

Feb.21: Sensor(21) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice to have balmy temps once again, hovering just below freezing. Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7 @70lbs bench press. Weightwise, I've been dropping over the past few days, but to be honest, I have not been stuffing my face with 3 meals + 3 snacks.

1613926081681.png

Feb.22: Sensor(22) ............................ B&B Essential boar ... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Everything was delayed a few hours today due to some shoveling of the heavy, slushy snow from last night and this morning. Still managed to get my basement workout in though, with 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7x2 @50lbs dumbbell rows.press.

Last edited:
My workout and shave will be later this afternoon, as my workout partner (83 year old mom) is grocery shopping before snow comes in this afternoon; smart lady. :geek:

Meanwhile, after delivering a pre-meeting coffee and toast to my wife in her home office just now, she said "Je t'adore" (French for "I love you") :love:. I blew her a kiss 💋and she said, "No, Shut the door." :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, Bruce, they actually sound almost identical though. :ROFLMAO:

Feb.23: Sensor(23) ............................ Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

I'll be happy when the month is finished and I no longer need to use the cart. It's good for a week or so, but not so much after that. Workout was 35 mins on the elliptical with 3x7 @70lb bench press.

Alas, Bruce, the Sensor carts go for around $2.50-$3.00 each, so that's a 10-cent blade per day. :eek:
That cost is a big reason why I think many of us use DEs.

Back