The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

You know, when Arnold was trying to get bigger I think he ate every two hours or something.

Feb.27: Sensor(27) ............................ Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

The month is almost over; one more shave with the Sensor cart.
Workout was 35 mins on the elliptical with 3x7 @70lb bench press and 100' @100lbs farmer's walk.

Feb.28: Sensor(28) ............................ Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

After 28 shaves, we're done with the Sensor cart! Woohoo!!

In preparation for the @NurseDave piggy-backs, I swapped out my 25lb plates on my barbell with 10lb and 5lb plates to fit more weight on the EZ-curl bar. The EZ-curl is now almost fully loaded @150lbs (counting the 15lb bar itself) but I can probably swap out some plates to fit my last unallocated 5lbs onto it.

Workout was 100' @150lbs farmer's walk, 3x7x2 @50lb dumbbell rows, followed by 35 mins on the elliptical.
1614530628080.png

It's Sunday, so here's my anti-progress on my weight gain :cry: ....
1614530700297.png

Mar.01: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(1) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice to get a fresh blade in use compared to a month on the Sensor cart.
Workout was 100' @150lbs farmer's walk, 3x7 @70lb bench press, followed by 35 mins on the elliptical.

Goal is muscle weight gain, not just wait gain. BTW I see you're getting down close to the target piggy-back goal. Well done! 🏆

Muscle is coming along, but I am probably still not back to where I was pre-marriage from an overall fitness level.

Mar.03: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(3) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

A small weeper below the corner of the mouth this morning, but nothing that my normal post-shave alum block application couldn't address.

Today's workout was:
- 100' @150lbs farmer's walk
- 3x7 @70lb bench press
- 35 mins on the elliptical

Mar.04: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(4) ......... Chubby2, synth ....... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nondescript shave today, just like they are supposed to be. ;)

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lbs farmer's walk
- 3x7x2 @50lb dumbbell row

chuck-norris-will-never-have-a-heart-attack-his-heart-isnt-nearly-foolish-enough-to-attack-him-quote-1.jpg

Mar.07: ASD2 w/Indian-Wilkie(7) ......... Omega boar ............ Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

The Indian Wilkie blade was surprisingly nice. I could easily go another few shaves on it, but will swap it out for another one.

Today's workout was:
- 150' @150lbs farmer's walk
- 3x7 @70lb bench press

Weight-wise, my struggles to gain continue.

1615137297236.png

Back