The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Finished the household taxes all last night. All done for another year.

Feb.13: Sensor(13) ............................ Graydog horse ......... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

The Palmolive stick was great this morning. Loaded easily, even with a floppy horsie knot, and provided a rich, creamy lather.

45 mins on the elliptical today with 4x5 @70lbs bench press.

Nothing says Happy Lunar / Chinese New Year like:
a) won ton soup,
b) doing your taxes, or
c) eating Portuguese chorizo bread and natas? ( @Somnos )

My view? Why choose? 🤷‍♂️ Do them all!... well, okay, only half of the household taxes done so far today.;)
Chorizo bread!!!! That is sinfully good stuff. My Mom use to make that...❤️

Feb.14: Sensor(14) ............................ Graydog horse ......... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

The Palmolive stick shined again this morning and was a pleasure to use.

In addition to shoveling some light, fluffy snow, morning exercise was 45 mins on the elliptical today with 4x5x2 @50lbs dumbbell rows.

Feb.15: Sensor(15) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Moved over to my @Graydog silvertip this morning. It's an Omega Mighty Midget silvertip knot in a 1305-type handle and feels like a face pillow.

No snow to shovel this morning, but we expect 6-10 inches by tomorrow morning. Today's workout saw 45 mins on the elliptical and 4x5 @70lbs bench press.

Feb.16: Sensor(16) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

No basement gym workout this morning with the elliptical and free weights. Instead, I spent an hour shoveling our driveway and the 83-year old widow's across the street. Her daily PSW and Nurse visits won't happen if her driveway and steps are not shoveled. Was a good workout in -20C (-4F) temps.

Feb.17: Sensor(17) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

The sensor cart is starting to noticeably grab this morning, but still managed to deliver a fine result. Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7 @70lbs bench press.

Since it's Wednesday, that means a mid-week weigh-in update. With the last four days hovering around 157 lbs, in a few days I expect the seven day rolling average to reflect about a pound loss over last week's numbers.

1613578763757.png

Feb.18: Sensor(18) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Good shave, but the cart is starting to degrade. Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7x2 @50lbs dumbbell rows. I've changed from 4 sets of 5 to 3 sets of 7 reps for both bench press and dumbbell rows.

Feb.19: Sensor(19) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Pre-workout workout was 30 mins of snow shoveling this morning. Just about an inch but it was light and fluffy, so doing our place as well as the neighbour's wasn't sweat-worthy. Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7 @70lbs bench press.

Today was the last of my 15lb bad of weight-gain whey powder. Basically, my daily shake was the equivalent of two McDonald's quarter pounders from a carb, calorie, and protein perspective. It lasted 1 month (started on Jan.19th) and I am 0.8lbs larger. :ROFLMAO: I have a normal (i.e. non weight-gain) protein powder that I will continue with; it's about the equivalent of a chicken breast and a slice of unbuttered toast for protein & carbs. We'll see if my weight starts to drop or if the extra calories from the weigh-gain shake were just "passing through." :poop:

Just stay away from the Weight Gain 4000!

giphy.gif

Feb.20: Sensor(20) ............................ Graydog silvertip ...... Palmolive stick ...................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Shave wasn't bad; the cart is past its prime but should make it to the end of the month. Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical and 3x7x2 @50lbs dumbbell rows.

My experience with the Sensor was similar. You can certainly get one month from a cart, but the last week can be a little rough. With the injector giving me a month per blade, that seems a fair alternative (though both still feel like cheating!).

Back