The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Feb.08: Sensor(8) .............................. Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice and simple post-workout shave this morning. 4x5x2 @50lb dumbbell rows for the upper body to go with 45 mins / 6,000 steps on the elliptical.

What a BLAH game of a StuporBowel last night. I should have spent the time studying BvN endgames. Those horsie hops would have been more interesting.

From the ADVENTURES files......
Note: this fits into neither the Chess, Backyard Gardening, nor the Whisker Chopping files

While reading a review of a chess book (yes, people review chess books ... whatabunchageeks! ♟️:geek:), my wife called me to come help her. Then again and again... within a 10 sec span. Figuring it must be something important, I stopped my important reading/research and headed to the family room.

It was an emergency after all!!!!

The TV remote wasn't working!! 📺 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
See, it WAS an emergency :ROFLMAO:

I reseated the batteries and it worked.... then stopped working. Replaced batteries and it didn't work. Power cycled the TV to no avail. Checked the interwebz and learned how to reset the remote. Still nothing.

After about 20 mins of trying things, I put in another set of batteries and BOOM! ... It works.
1612835572334.png

And here I thought the story was going to end in a new TV

Better not need a new TV! This one was purchased in the "summer before covid."

Feb.09: Sensor(9) .............................. Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

My @Graydog "Viper" continues to be a stellar performer, even years after first getting it. Folks complain about horse hair knots getting tangled, but I can honestly say that I've never had that problem.

Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical with 4x5 @70lbs benchpress for the upper body.

Better not need a new TV! This one was purchased in the "summer before covid."

Feb.09: Sensor(9) .............................. Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

My @Graydog "Viper" continues to be a stellar performer, even years after first getting it. Folks complain about horse hair knots getting tangled, but I can honestly say that I've never had that problem.

Workout was 45 mins on the elliptical with 4x5 @70lbs benchpress for the upper body.
Never had one tangle either.

@woodpusher gettin' all into the workout! 😁

giphy.gif

Weigh-wise, I'm still fluctuating within a pound daily over the past week. At least I seem to be not in danger of dropping below 156 soon.
(Watch me fall to 155.8 tomorrow! :ROFLMAO: )
1613004602446.png

Feb.11: Sensor(11) ............................ Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Tomorrow will be the last shave with the Nivea Cream. ~2.5 months from this little tube and I thought today would be the end.
45 mins on the elliptical today with 4x5 @70lbs bench press.

Feb.12: Sensor(12) ............................ Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Last shave with the Nivea Cream today. It was better than modern Williams, but not a great cream. Moving on to a transformed European Palmolive stick tomorrow.
45 mins on the elliptical today with 4x5x2 @50lbs dumbbell rows.
1613147474560.png

Back