The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

If you're having trouble bowl lathering, @SteveChuckFrank , try blooming the bowl for a few minutes first. That should enable the brush to pick up enough of the plastic/ceramic to lather with.

Oh, and don't forget to actually unwrap the bowl. I've heard of a few times where fellows forgot to unwrap it first.
If you are having trouble bowl lathering @SteveChuckFrank , try using natures bowl...your face! 🤪 Peeshaw...bowl lathers...tsk, tsk...🙃

Jan.29: ASD2 w/Wilkinson(5) .............. B&B Essential boar ... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Bowl lathered again this morning. Nice enough, but I'm not sure it's any better than face lathering. A brisk -20C this morning, good enough to walk to the local library to (curbside) pick up a book for my wife.

Jan.30: ASD2 w/Wilkinson(6) .............. B&B Essential boar ... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Back to my normal routine of face lathering this morning. -21C out so I'm happy that I don't need to walk to the library today. That loss of 1C is a killer!

Jan.31: ASD2 w/Wilkinson(7) .............. B&B Essential boar ... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Last day with the Wilkinson blade, as I move on to a month of Sensor shaves with a single cart for "One blade February."
I think I tweaked something in my hand/wrist yesterday doing my incline bench press. It must have been my grip. I have since dropped the bench back down to flat as I had no wrist issues doing presses that way.

I dunno. 🤷‍♂️ I grew up using a superspeed but forgot to pack it when I moved to Toronto way back in '84. Started using disposables at that point and picked up the Sensor when they first came out.

Feb.02: Sensor(2) .............................. RV Shavemac .......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice day out today. The -18C (0F) with the wind chill sure feels nicer than the -21C a few days ago. It'll warm up to around freezing this afternoon, which will basically be BBQ weather!
1612280054338.png

Feb.02: Sensor(2) .............................. RV Shavemac .......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice day out today. The -18C (0F) with the wind chill sure feels nicer than the -21C a few days ago. It'll warm up to around freezing this afternoon, which will basically be BBQ weather!
View attachment 46618
You look different today Sam! What’s the secret to this miracle? Must be the shaving gear...

The weather in Canada is crazy! Just a few blocks blocks away from where Sam lives it’s nice enough that @Somnos doesn’t complain about it every day. 😇
Oh buddy...when I complain about the weather it’s an Arctic snow apocalypse that is imminent. You want cold? Arviat, Northwest Territories average temp this time of year is -25F...if you have the misfortune of shutting off ANY machinery it will freeze solid. -20C is running weather....😂

Back