The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.22: ASD2 w/SuperMax(5) .............. Graydog silvertip ..... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Great post-workout shave this morning, even though I'm a little stiff from doing some upper-body exercise for the first time in years.

My new mid-morning shake is 550 cals -vs- 120, so I did not eat lunch until ~2pm, which meant no mid-afternoon snackie-snack. :cautious:
Supper is ready now though! Chicken leg (drum+thigh), sweet potato, cauliflower, and peas!
When I was 25, I took a 1 month trip to Thailand. I promptly got a very nasty stomach bug from contaminated water and after recovery, proceeded to eat the same number of meals that I usually did at the time. Problem was, the calories in what I ate in Thailand was far less than what I usually ate, so I lost 26 pounds in 30 days. I couldn’t tell at the time, but the look on my girlfriend‘s face when she met me at the airport told me that something was very wrong.

Long story short, I went on a weight gain effort. It’s harder to do than you’d think, and gave me a new appreciation for what Deniro did for Raging Bull as the aging Jake LaMotta.

Jan.25: ASD2 w/Wilkinson(1) .............. B&B Essential boar ... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Some dumbbell rows added to my elliptical workout this morning. Nice shave as well, but I ended up with a weeper on the chin. :cautious:

Jan.26: ASD2 w/Wilkinson(2) .............. B&B Essential boar ... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

This is the second (German) Wilkie blade I am using in the ASD2. The previous one was VERY nice and I'm liking this one as well. Today was bench press day for my pre-elliptical 45 mins.

This is the first razor thay I have liked them in, Bruce. I used them years ago and got so many weepers from the whole tuck that I basically wrote them off as a harsh blade.

Back