The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.15: ASD2 w/Polsilver SI(5) ............. Graydog horse ........ Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Today's shave was pretty good, with no complaints at all.

As you can surmise, there's not a great deal of variety in my shaves. I 3017 my soaps/creams and usually do the same with my aftershaves, unless I have the matching AS for the next soap/cream to be 3017d. I use a DE blade for a week, and an injector blade for either 2 weeks (Personna) or a month (Schick). I have one injector razor and 3 DEs (but prefer the ASD2 over my red tip and black handled SS) and a Sensor.

Jan.15: ASD2 w/Polsilver SI(5) ............. Graydog horse ........ Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Today's shave was pretty good, with no complaints at all.

As you can surmise, there's not a great deal of variety in my shaves. I 3017 my soaps/creams and usually do the same with my aftershaves, unless I have the matching AS for the next soap/cream to be 3017d. I use a DE blade for a week, and an injector blade for either 2 weeks (Personna) or a month (Schick). I have one injector razor and 3 DEs (but prefer the ASD2 over my red tip and black handled SS) and a Sensor.

There’s nothing wrong with having regular reliable shaves and just using the stuff that works. It just makes it hard to write about every day. Think of that guy who has been taking pics of and blogging about his daily shaves for more than a decade. Dude’s got more stuff than even I can contemplate.

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!! 👑

Well, after being back-to-back Canadian correspondence chess champion, my thrown has been usurped by the young man who is older than I. Normally, a 75% score is good enough to win, but Alex dominated, scoring 82%, while I managed 68%. Both of us were the only undefeated players in the field, but he managed to crush the bottom half of the field to finish with 9 wins overall -vs- 5 for me.

The tournament still has 2 games ongoing, but they will not affect the outcome; it is one of the quickest I have played in, bing over is just over a year from the start date. The 2021 Championship (KE77) is now underway and will take a few years to finish as it is a multi-stage event.

1610822951252.png

Jan.17: ASD2 w/Polsilver SI(7) ............. Graydog horse ........ Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Last shave with the Polsilver SI, as I go a week per DE blade. This is pretty good. I understand the Wizamet is the replacement/rebrand of this one?

I understand the Wizamet is the replacement/rebrand of this one?
Murky waters here. I think I’ve heard that Wizamet are back in production in the East after a hiatus. At least the old stock and the Polsilver SI were supposed to be the same blade. Not sure which came first or if the new production is similar.

It still smells "synthetic" and while it lathers well enough, it seems more oily than creamy. All in all, not a bad cream and I could easily buy it again.... if it was on sale. 😜

Jan.18: ASD2 w/SuperMax(1) .............. Graydog silvertip ..... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Switched over to a SuperMax Blue bale this morning. Nice! Also rotated to my Graydog silvertip, which is a Eagle-esque maple handle with the Omega Might Midget Silvertip knot. Talk about a face pillow! :love:

It still smells "synthetic" and while it lathers well enough, it seems more oily than creamy. All in all, not a bad cream and I could easily buy it again.... if it was on sale. 😜
It costs $3 Canadian...I'll send you another...I have lots! :p...I know you have a ton of stuff....

Jan.19: ASD2 w/SuperMax(2) .............. Graydog silvertip ..... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nice simple shave after doing some light snow shoveling and 45 mins on the elliptical. I shouldn't really call it shoveling as a push-broom would have easily done the trick this morning.

Back