The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.08: ASD2 w/Dorco Plat(5) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive
Jan.09: ASD2 w/Dorco Plat(6) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Almost done with the Dorco Plat blade. Much better than the Crystal IMO.

Wondering if I should join the "1-blade in FEB" challenge. I could use my injector and that would almost be like cheating as I easily go 31 days on a Schick blade. 😜

Last edited:
Jan.10: ASD2 w/Dorco Plat(7) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

It's Sunday, which means that this blade is due for retirement. Well, actually, it goes in the blade bank with all the other "I have no more use for you" blades, but I tell them they're going to a nice retirement home with a fishing pond; they don't fight it at that point and by the time they realize they've been duped, I'm long gone. 😜

Up next will be a Polsilver SI blade.

Well, actually, it goes in the blade bank with all the other "I have no more use for you" blades, but I tell them they're going to a nice retirement home with a fishing pond; they don't fight it at that point and by the time they realize they've been duped, I'm long gone. 😜
Just tell them it's an "All Inclusive Resort." That should do the trick. Unlimited jello and and low-fat cottage cheese.

Jan.11: ASD2 w/Polsilver SI(1) ............. Graydog horse ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Almost zero blade-feel with the Polsilver this morning. I was more than a little skeptical when I put the blade in as the gaps were slightly different on each side. Even reseating the blade 3-4 times and flipping it made no change. Very surprised at how nice the shave ended up being.

Received a phone call from my chess club this afternoon; the "normal" one where you play on a board and games only last 3-4 hours, not the correspondence site where games can last 2+ years. 😜 BTW can any chess club actually be considered "normal?" :unsure:

After 10 months of being closed due to Covid, they are starting a regular weekly (or was that bi-weekly? :unsure:) ZOOM call for the members, alternating between instructional/coaching sessions and "get to know your fellow member" sessions. The first ZOOM call will be this Thursday and they've asked me to be the inaugural guest and participate in a Q&A as well as go through a memorable game that I have played. I picked one from 1990 and think that about 2/3s of the club member were not even born then. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully, it will be fun for everyone.

BTW the reason they chose me instead of @Somnos is purely one of remuneration. .... and the geek-factor. Ed doesn't do "chess geek speak" 🤓

Received a phone call from my chess club this afternoon; the "normal" one where you play on a board and games only last 3-4 hours, not the correspondence site where games can last 2+ years. 😜 BTW can any chess club actually be considered "normal?" :unsure:

After 10 months of being closed due to Covid, they are starting a regular weekly (or was that bi-weekly? :unsure:) ZOOM call for the members, alternating between instructional/coaching sessions and "get to know your fellow member" sessions. The first ZOOM call will be this Thursday and they've asked me to be the inaugural guest and participate in a Q&A as well as go through a memorable game that I have played. I picked one from 1990 and think that about 2/3s of the club member were not even born then. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully, it will be fun for everyone.

BTW the reason they chose me instead of @Somnos is purely one of remuneration. .... and the geek-factor. Ed doesn't do "chess geek speak" 🤓
Nope I speak four languages...none of them are “chess speak” ...though “Bura's Desperado Sacrifice”....sounds intriguing....😂

Back