The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.28: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(1) .............. Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Back to my normal 2-pass NS+SN shave. The first shave with the Crystal was harsher than I would have thought possible with the Feather ASD2 and I had a few weepers. Hopefully, the blade will now settle in for the rest of the week/year.

Happy Monday!

Dec.31: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(4) .............. Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Shaves for the year
DE : 132
SE : 224

I'll be happy when this blade is done at the end of the week. It does seem appropriate for 2020 for me to actually keep using it that long. :cautious:

Dec.31: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(4) .............. Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Shaves for the year
DE : 132
SE : 224

I'll be happy when this blade is done at the end of the week. It does seem appropriate for 2020 for me to actually keep using it that long. :cautious:
New year, new blade!

New year, new blade!
You don't know me very well, do you? :ROFLMAO: I'm more stubborn than .... umm.... me yesterday! ;)

A quick review of 2020 from a shaving perspective.

I received my Feather ASD2 at the end of August and have spend most days using it, with an occasional fortnight with my Hydro-Magic I2 injector (which is how long a Personna blade lasts me). The ASD2 is a very nice piece of kit and can easily serve as my daily driver, and I have fairly quick growing whiskers.

The other thing of note this year is that I used nothing but synthetic brushes:
- Chubby 2
- Yaqi Sagrada
- Asylum Cheswick
All were more than serviceable but my order of listing is my preference. Today's synths are just as good as any other knot IMO.

Here's to a better year in 2021. 🍾

Happy New Year, folks!

Jan.01: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(4) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

First time using a non-synth in a year and I feared that my latherization skills would be found wanting, but the RV Shavemac built up a nice and luxurious lather as fast as anything I used last year. Of course, it cost more and will probably take the entire day to dry, but that's okay, I'm not going anywhere.

Jan.02: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(5) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

A wonderful looking light snowfall overnight, just picture perfect. Alas, it means that someone might break their neck on the sidewalk so ... after a cup'o'joe to start the day, off I go a caroling shoveling! :cautious:

Jan.03: ASD2 w/Crystal SP(7) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive
**corrected shave count on blade

Last shave with the Crystal blade. I think I had one day without a weeper with it, which is unlike the 1st Crystal blade I used. Not sure I would put these on the rebuy list.

Jan.04: ASD2 w/Dorco Plat(1) .............. RV Shavemac ......... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

My weeper trial remains intact, even switching to a Dorco blade this morning. :cautious:

<RANT on>
In the world of totally disgusting news, the display by the Philly Eagles (well, the coach really) last night was disgusting. Even when a team is out of the playoffs, you still need to be professional. Between pulling their QB when down by 3, going for 4th-and-4 instead of a chip-shot field goal to tie, failing to throw challenge flags ... the list goes on and on. The boys are the field were trying to win, but the coach had other plans. Even Philly fans have to be upset by last night.
<RANT off>

We had an Amazon delivery on Saturday, bringing us the last of our Christmas (and self-indulgent) gifts:
- digital scales (I have to accurately measure how massive and Awwwwnaldy I am becoming 💪)
- 2 workout shirts for my wife

Yaaay us! 🍾🥂

I know that you're probably thinking ..... "Hmmm, I thought you had an espresso machine coming?" 🤔

And YES, you would be correct. We HAD one coming. My wife We got to thinking that we're okay saving the $$$ and making due with our french press, moka pot, aeropress, percolator, and instant coffee (reserved for "in a jam" situations only).
1609792073137.png

Back