The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.12: ASD2 w/Astra SP(6) ................ Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Back to the Feather R2D2 ASD2 and a much more comfortable shave than with the Red Tip, even though there is still a little bit of residual slickness tightness. First time with the Nivea balm and I have to say that I like it; absorbs fast with no greasiness and smells nice enough.

Dec.13: ASD2 w/Astra SP(2) ................ Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive
Dec.14: ASD2 w/Astra SS(1) ................ Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Nothing special to report on shave-wise. I do think I like the feel of the Nivea balm more than the B&M aftershaves.

Dec.15: ASD2 w/Astra SS(2) ................ Yaqi Sagrada ........... Nivea cream ......................... Nivea Cool Sensitive

Not the greatest/smoothest result today with the Astra, but sufficient for my needs. While these blades are pretty good in most DEs, they seem be be falling short of what is needed in the Feather R2D2 ASD2.

Blah. :cautious: My year of household appliance fun continues. Yaaaaay 2020!

While taking out the garbage from under the kitchen sink (garbage day tomorrow), I noticed that the cabinet floor board was wet; turned on the faucet and yep, the flex hose started dripping. Wasn't much of a mess and I have a bucket under the hose now so we can still use the sink. Found a replacement hose on Amazon (delivery date of next week) but I will check the three local stores referenced by the Moen website to see if they have it in stock. If it wasn't a Covid year, I would replace the whole faucet to get rid of the flex hose entirely.

Once that's done, I think my wife will want the faulty dishwasher hose replaced as well. We've had the dishwasher water turned off since the spring when I discovered water all over the floor one morning. Luckily, there is only the two of us and we normally only use it during big get-togethers .... which ain't happened at all this year.

They have those in our home improvement stores. They are pretty generic and universal.

Wouldn’t it be great if companies had to start paying you for having to wait? It’s kinda like a job right? You’re waiting on someone...just as you would in the service industry! 😎

Aye, there's the rub. How much is your time worth and at what point do you cut your losses of time commitment?

Once that's done, I think my wife will want the faulty dishwasher hose replaced as well. We've had the dishwasher water turned off since the spring when I discovered water all over the floor one morning. Luckily, there is only the two of us and we normally only use it during big get-togethers .... which ain't happened at all this year.
Since you're there, you need to take this opportunity to replace that old dishwasher. How hard could it be?

Back