The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Not all emotions are good and healthy ones. Perhaps I am the support mechanism that helps keep Pollyanna things in balance.

The yin to your yang, as it were. :unsure:
90px-Yin_and_yang.svg.png

My wife is off today (as am I ;)) and she wanted pancakes for breakfast. We have not had pancake mix in the house for close to 2 years, so I thought to pick some up when I walked to the grocery store for some milk et al. Alas, while walking home, I realized that I had forgotten the pancake mix and I was not going to return or make a second trip. Google saved the day and my wife enjoyed her from-scratch blueberry pancakes. 🕺

Yea there’s a lot of great, basic pancake recipes to be had on the interwebs. May not beat Krustez mix...but still pretty darn good 😂

Last edited:
Happy Diwali everyone! Even if you're not someone that normally celebrates it, the festival of lights is always a good thing to behold when it gets dark outside. As a bonus, you get to eat lots of tasty num-nums at friends (in pre-Covid days anyway).

In shaving news, this morning's shave saw me break through the bottom of my puck of Haslinger Aloe Vera. It's smooshed into a CBL container and has a few blue flecks interspersed throughout from when it was originally plopped underneath my Godrej puck in a Tabac stick container. How's that for an integrated-soap family?

Based on the breakthrough and how croapy-soap it now is , I envision about a week left with it.

Sticking with the Diwali theme..... Here's supper tonight (copied from the "What ya eating" post... because it's SOOOO yummy!)

1605390084947.png

back: sweet rice, curried mango
middle: okra, prasad, squash
front: karela (bitter melon), dhalpourie, curry channa and potato

Back