The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Relatively rough shave again with the Perma-Sharp (5 shaves) in the AS-D2. Oh well, only 2 more to go before I swap out the blade for a fresh one on Monday, @NurseDave ;)
This strikes me as a funny statement... The blade is called "PERMA-sharp", but it's already going dull at 5 shaves? Sounds like it'll be 'pining for the blade-bin' at 7 shaves (1 week?).

This is only "permanent" for some short lived insects. I call false advertising. Lol. [emoji2957]

As Ed pontificated (he does things like that near the end of the work week. The life of a supermodel, ya know ;) ) , it might be that they are too sharp, @mrdoug

As Ed pontificated (he does things like that near the end of the work week. The life of a supermodel, ya know ;) ) , it might be that they are too sharp, @mrdoug
Ahh, good point... I'll just go back into my hole... Lol.
giphy.gif

Simple shave this morning. While reading the news and catching up on some chess stuff (duh! 🤓), I started looking into Lucky Tiger AS. Seems to be a nice product based on what I have been reading. Anyone know if it has a reducer?

Not sure, Ed. I don't like Feather DE blades at all in any razor, but have not yet tried them in the ASD2. All I know is if I like a blade or not, I don't really think overly much about why a blade doesn't work for me. Heck, it could even been this individual blade and the 2nd Perma-Sharp you gave me might be wonderful.

I don’t like Feather DE blades period. The Perma-Sharp are almost in that league but where I find no middle ground with Feathers, I like them in a bunch of different razors. Might be a bum blade.

Yea, Lucky Tiger is good stuff. The reducer acts more like a squirt bottle top than anything else. I still have to hold a finger over it.

Back