The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I've lined up the next two victims adventures in my 3017 journey to follow my Haslinger puck.
1. Nivea cream ... this will be the first time using a cream since mid-2016!
2. Palmolive shave stick (European)

It looks like this should set my path until the March/April timeframe next year.

Thanksgiving is this weekend for us Canadians. A smart choice to have it in Oct -vs- Nov so that we're not turkey-d out come Christmas, With CV #s hitting all-time daily highs for us, we put the kibosh on having our nephew and his family over, and it will just be the three of us: My wife, her sister and myself.

So what to do with a 12 lb bird for 2? (Sister-in-law does not eat meat)

I took our heavy cleaver and chopped the frozen bird in 1/2, using a shovel handle as the mallet! Now we'll cook 1/2 the birdie and either curry up the other half in a few weeks, or keep it until Christmas.

Tomorrow or Sunday morning, I will dig up the beet and carrot from the yard, gutting the garden out completely to provide a fresh-as-fresh-can-be set of veggies to go with the turkey.

Did Sam say he's having a 3-some for Thanksgiving?

Additional question, why are the Canadians celebrating our celebration with Native Americans?

For some reason I thought Canadian Thanksgiving was closer to our Thanksgiving... I'm no expert on Canadian holidays, though... I'll leave that up to you Canadians!

Happy Thanksgiving! Way to chop that bird up!

Happy Thanksgiving, Sam. Daughter in Montreal is bunkering with the other Americans and eating excellent bagels and poutine.

re: your next 2 victims, the Nivea is very good and Palmolive is as good as ever.

After two weeks with my I2 Hydro-Magic injector with a Personna blade, I ended up getting some neck irritation over the past few days. A few areas are nice and splotchy, so I'm thinking that either the blade wasn't quite up to the standard I am used to, or my technique was off. Since it couldn't be me :unsure:, it must be the blade. Yeah, let's go with that for now. :sneaky:

Switched back to the Feather R2-D2 AS-D2 with a Dorco Platinum blade (courtesy of @Somnos , as are most of the DE blades I have) and had a nice 3-pass shave this morning. Neck is still going to take a few days to properly heal up and get back to normal.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it in a sensible month! 🦃🦃🦃

After two weeks with my I2 Hydro-Magic injector with a Personna blade, I ended up getting some neck irritation over the past few days. A few areas are nice and splotchy, so I'm thinking that either the blade wasn't quite up to the standard I am used to, or my technique was off. Since it couldn't be me :unsure:, it must be the blade. Yeah, let's go with that for now. :sneaky:

Switched back to the Feather R2-D2 AS-D2 with a Dorco Platinum blade (courtesy of @Somnos , as are most of the DE blades I have) and had a nice 3-pass shave this morning. Neck is still going to take a few days to properly heal up and get back to normal.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it in a sensible month! 🦃🦃🦃
Obviously its the equipment! why even think else-wise?

Why, yes, yes they are :) and they make YUMMY flavourful hot sauce with just a pick of salt, vinegar and freshly minced garlic.

Had a GREAT shave with the AS-D2 on shave-7 with a Dorco plat blade and some Haslinger Aloe Vera. Bowl lathered and added way more water than I normally do and came to the conclusion that I should be doing this more often. Had enough lather left over to wash my hair! (not that there's much of it, mind you. :sneaky:

Back