The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Hereā€™s one of the short clips from that episode I was taking about.

I don't watch TV shows too often, and have never seen a West Wing episode.

BTW that was not the Evans Gambit, which goes:
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 (the Italian game, Bb5 would be the more common Spanish / Ruy Lopez opening)
3. ... Bc5
4. b4 .... The Evans Gambit, a wild opening!

BTW that was not the Evans Gambit, which goes:
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 (the Italian game, Bb5 would be the more common Spanish / Ruy Lopez opening)
3. ... Bc5
4. b4 .... The Evans Gambit, a wild opening!
That interesting! Always fun to see people who actually do a thing critique actors who are trying to mimic doing that thing.

What?!

giphy.gif

Yeah, I know. :eek:

I watch the local morning news, PBS Newshour and the NFL. Wouldn't want too much tele-tubbies taking away from my TSC-time, would we?
Good point... Just know, beyond the chess foible, it's a lot more entertaining than the news (and slightly more truthful, lol). [emoji6]

That interesting! Always fun to see people who actually do a thing critique actors who are trying to mimic doing that thing.
I'll have to add Chess to my list of things TV/Movies don't fake well. So far it's:

1. Playing piano
2. Flying bats
3. Chess

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I do like the Perma-Sharp Super myself. I last used one in the AS-D2 back on Sept 13. It was on its second use. Is it harsh to you? Rough I know but too sharp?

Not sure, Ed. I don't like Feather DE blades at all in any razor, but have not yet tried them in the ASD2. All I know is if I like a blade or not, I don't really think overly much about why a blade doesn't work for me. Heck, it could even been this individual blade and the 2nd Perma-Sharp you gave me might be wonderful.

Back