The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Another storm is supposed to come in this evening and overnight, starting during rush hour. Thankfully, I am retired and can simply watch the traffic rather than immerse myself in the experience first-hand.

Sam obviously has taken up residence in a traffic control center....somewhere...

giphy.gif

Jan.13 Injector I2/Personna(13) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A few inches of HEAVY snow came down yesterday evening in the span of about 1.5 hrs. *ugh* It turned to rain overnight but not everything melted. The sidewalk had about an inch of slush, so that was easy enough to clear, even if we have an 80+ foot frontage on our pie-shaped lot. The driveway was another matter and took almost an hour. Pushing slushy snow 3 feet on a sidewalk is one thing; having to push it across a double-driveway is another.

Anyways, it's all done and a post-sweaty shower'n'shave ibuprofen will hopefully ease up my aching muscles. I'd hate to think what kind of pain I'd be in if I wasn't working out on a regular basis. Even at 57, I am feeling the difference from 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Jan.14 Injector I2/Personna(14) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

An almost 3:30pm shave today!! OMG!!!

But then again, when you're not punching a clock, your time is your own. Right, Bruce?

Jan.14 Injector I2/Personna(14) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

An almost 3:30pm shave today!! OMG!!!

But then again, when you're not punching a clock, your time is your own. Right, Bruce?
Retirement is no excuse for being an afternoon hobo shaver🤣🤣🤣

Jan.15 Injector I2/Personna(15) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

An early afternoon shave today as I spent most of the morning running around tending to last minute things before our flight tomorrow morning to Mazatlan. Not sure that I will post tomorrow morning's pre-flight shave as we will probably be out of the house around 4:30am.

While I am away, enjoy yourselves and relax in the abscence of meh-ilicious shaves.

Back