The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Jan.08 Injector I2/Personna(8) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A mid-morning shave today at 9:30, as my wife wants to head into town to get her hair cut before the coming storm arrives tomorrow. After all, youse gotsta look gud fer da sturm!

Jan.08 Injector I2/Personna(8) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A mid-morning shave today at 9:30, as my wife wants to head into town to get her hair cut before the coming storm arrives tomorrow. After all, youse gotsta look gud fer da sturm!
Looking good!

giphy.gif

Jan.09 Injector I2/Personna(9) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

An early (for me!) pre-8am shave, as my wife had her annual with the doctor as the first patient. Nothing to report on either front.

The storm seems to be going to be a fizzle here ... and that's wonderful in my book! We're looking at a rain/snow mix right now, with full changeover to rain by mid-afternoon. That works for me and is definitely not "meh!"

You know at her age, they would probably let her go there alone...

Jan.10 Injector I2/Personna(10) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

The big storm yesterday ended up being just sloppy roads in my neck of the woods and all I ended up having to do was clear the sidewalks and driveway of slush so that it didn't freeze overnight. Everything is nice and clean this morning, but we're looking at a 10-20cm (4-8 inch) dump coming on the weekend. Blah.

This morning's post-takeout-the-garbage, post-gasup-at-Costco, post-workout sweaty shower'n'shave was pretty nice, even on the blade's 10th shave. Looking at another 4-5 shave easy on it.

Jan.11 Injector I2/Personna(11) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A light snowfall coming down all through the morning and, I must say, it looks pretty. Alas, I have to drive to bridge club this afternoon and chess club this evening, so it has transmogrified into yucky.

No workout today, so a simple shower and shave was a great way to prepare for the coming adventures of the day!

A light snowfall coming down all through the morning and, I must say, it looks pretty. Alas, I have to drive to bridge club this afternoon and chess club this evening, so it has transmogrified into yucky.
This is how we know we’ve become grownups: snow turns from playtime to driving on bad roads. Be safe, and have fun.

Jan.12 Injector I2/Personna(12) ... Graydog silvertip ... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another storm is supposed to come in this evening and overnight, starting during rush hour. Thankfully, I am retired and can simply watch the traffic rather than immerse myself in the experience first-hand.

Another nice and easy-peasy shave around noon today. Bridge yesterday was fun, with the lesson being on how to respond when partner opens in a minor and you have a major. I ended up sitting out chess last as there was an odd number of players; we call that a BYE in our lingo.

Back