The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.30 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

The penultimate day in 2023 leaves me with the decision to continue my Astra SP for another shave tomorrow to close out the year or to turf it and start the year with shave-2 on a blade. Methinks I will go with the first option, but who knows what chaos will reign in the bathroom tomorrow morning!

Today was a nice shave and 100% as expected with the ASD2 & Astra SP combo.

Dec.31 ASD2/Astra SP(4) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

To close out the shaving year, I went the adventuresome route and used my Astra SP for shave #4 this morning. Through December I had 13 DE shaves and 18 cart shaves. For the year, I had 248 DE shaves and 117 cart shaves, with no missed days but also no 2-a-days.

Heading over to friends shortly for a brunch, marking the final day of another 3 back-to-back days of feasting. My belly is still full from yesterday, but I will somehow manage to eat more this morning. Hee hee.

I case I am not online later this evening, Happy New Year to all!

Back from 5 hours over at our friend's. I ended up making eggs on a tomato/onion/pepper/mushroom bed for everyone while they had an excellent cheese board and croissants layout prepared.

We (both my wife and I, and our friends) were so stuffed we had to go for a 40 minute walk before we could enjoy pistachio panetone and coffee ... and now we're all stuffed again!

I need a nap.

Jan.01 Injector I2/Personna(1) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Kicking the new year off with a return to my Injector ... and what a wonderfully simple and efficient shave it was. So far, 2024 is looking to be a winner! I even hopped back on the elliptical for a sweaty half-hour!

I hope everyone had a great evening last night. We had a nice quiet stay-at-home event with no pre-fab hors d'ouevres and no bubbly. I did have a few Guinness and some hummus & pita chips for supper through the evening and my wife had some oatmeal and yogourt. Her belly wasn't doing over well from us feasting for three days; she's good now though!

Happy start to 2024, everyone!

It's Sunday*, so that means it's laundry day! Almost done with just one load waiting in the wash "staging area" and after the loads dry, more dryer time is needed for the duvet, which is currently draped over the backs of four chairs like a fort!

Jan.02 Injector I2/Personna(2) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A just-past-noon shower'n'shave this today and the Injector delivered another wonderfully easy and efficient experience chopping off the accumulated growth.

To top it all off, tax planning for 2024 is well underway! Woot! (Yeah, I'm not normal.)

2024 is starting off on the right foot!

Spend an hour online with our Telco and upgraded our mobile from 8GB/$50+tax/mth to 40GB/$35+tax/mth. Whee!
5x the data for $15 less!

NOTE: I'm in Canada; our mobile plan prices are MUCH more than US ones.

Jan.03 Injector I2/Personna(3) ... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

It's Wednesday, which means up early to put out the garbage and recycling! Woohoo! How sweet life is!

Alas, one of my recycle bins is now almost cracked in half as the garbagemen (who are hardworking folks!) tend to chuck the bin onto the driveway and/or road rather than simply lay it down. (Gotsta save those seconds! They all add up!) So now we get to drive to the next town to exchange our broken bins. We'll swap all three, as the other two are also cracked, just not as bad as the paper-recycle bin.

Elliptical was good as was the follow-on shower'n'shave.

Back