The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.23 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Back to a just-before-noon shave again today. Not being a work day for me, it's god to relax and just kick back. The shave was nice and non-descript, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

To-Do's for today are pretty simple: Pick up more wine for Christmas & New Year's gifts (almost everything we picked up earlier has been gifted) as well as some bean spouts for Christmas chow mein.

Life is indeed good.

Dec.24 Schick Xtreme(1) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

It's Christmas Eve and you know what that means, right?

Yup, it's December 24th!

Just so @NurseDave doesn't go into withdrawal and shock on my using a DE once again, I swung back to the slime machine with another cart!

A nice enough shower'n'shave after a few coffees was a good way to kick off this balmy Saturday. Since it's (finally) not raining and now above freezing, we were thinking that it is a good day for a walk with our buddies. Apparently, they were of the same mindset and called my wife, so off we go in the next little while to walk'n'talk for a bit.

Well, okay, everything is true except that I did use my ASD2! LOL
Dec.24 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

BTW It's also Sunday and you know what that means!! Laundry Day!!!!

Just about everything is done, and the bathrooms' mats are in the washer. Given how long they take to dry, it'll probably be a few more hours.

Dec.25 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Meh-ry Christmas, everyone!

Last night, we had our traditional Christmas Eve feast of baked ham, steaming buns just out of the oven, with mayo, mustard and hot sauce. After 3-4 sammiches, we were satiated.

This morning was ham and bread (woot!), along with some eggs, hashbrowns, cheese and a few cups of coffee. I think we're stuffed enough until 4-5pm or so.

Temps are a few degrees above zero and we're having a wonderful green Christmas here (no snow to shovel, right @Balin!) and parang Christmas music in the background. If you want a sample, here's a classic...

Dec.26 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

About 6C/43F here and it's looking to be a nice day for a walk in the woods. Once we each lunch, that is!

A nice pre-noon shave with the ASD2 after a lazy, lounge around morning drinking coffee and eating panetone.

Dec.27 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another start to the day is in the books and, despite being an early start to put out the recycling at 6:30am, I still didn't grab a shave until noon. Yes, life is indeed hard.

Even though we had rain yesterday and today looks to be another day-long blend or rain and light showers. Yet, it is still WAY better than snow and we will venture out for a late lunch with friends to gobble some greek!

Okay, I'm full again! the 2pm lunch lasted 2 hours (not eating all the time, though) and the tzatziki was killer (in a good way) with lots of garlic.

Dec.28 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

I'm still a little full from our mid-afternoon meal yesterday. I didn't even have supper last night, but did sneak in a slice of panetone at 10pm.

Rain rain and more rain today, which, as I have said before, I prefer over snow. An 11am shave on a new Astra SP blade and we're good to face today's struggles of lounging, reading and eating.

With all that lounging and eating, who's doing the dishes?

giphy.gif

Dec.29 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............ Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another damp morning, but fear not ... a midday feasting is being prepared as our nephew is coming over around 2pm. A little bit of grocery shopping (fruits and veggies) later this morning and we should be all set to last through the festive weekend.

Oh, and the shave was mehishly good enough to simply be a shave.

Back