The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Dec.02 Schick Xtreme3(4) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.03 Schick Xtreme3(5) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.04 Schick Xtreme3(6) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.05 Schick Xtreme3(7) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.06 Schick Xtreme3(8) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.07 Schick Xtreme3(9) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.08 Schick Xtreme3(10) ......... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.09 Schick Xtreme3(11) ......... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk
Dec.10 Schick Xtreme3(1) ........... Paladin Sumo .......... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Whew! Back home and able to use a spacious non-cruise-ship shower for the first time in a week! I feel like I won the lottery. (BTW I did .... a free ticket! Whee!)

7 loads of laundry today, even though we only packed carry-ons for the flight. Amazing how clothes can compress if you lay them flat on top of each other and the tightly roll them up. Outside of a pair of jeans, all my clothes (not counting what I wore on the plane) fit into a Nike golf shoes bag!

As you can tell by my weight gain, cruise was good! Met a bunch of memorable people that we will most likely forget, and the visit to Altun Ha in Belize was the highlight of the trip for me.

Dec.11 Schick Xtreme3(2) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Back to the Eagle G2 this morning. I love the low through and splayability of this knot size. The Paladin is a VERY nice brush, but the Eagle is right up there with it.

Dec.12 Schick Xtreme3(3) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another ho-hum tra-la-la easy-peasy shave this morning with the Schick cart. Just the way it's supposed to be. It's almost noon here and we have the lights on in the kitchen already. Oh well, such is life in Canada as winter approaches. In other words .... meh 🤷‍♂️

Dec.13 Schick Xtreme3(4) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A quick reversion to my Graydog silvertip, which is what I used on vacation. The knot (an Omega) is super soft and lathers up easily with creams, taking more time to load when using soaps. A nice pillow-soft face lather this morning, followed by an easy-peasy 2-passer with the cart.

Last edited:
Dec.14 Schick Xtreme3(5) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

It's Thursday! ... And that means it is my busy day! Looking forward to bridge club this afternoon as well as chess this evening. However, until that whirlwind of excitement kicks in, I shall have to content myself with my meh-ilicious shave this morning.

Dec.15 Schick Xtreme3(6) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A fun day at bridge yesterday, even though there were only 5 of us. Chess was interesting, as I was given a lesson and lost in less than 25 moves. Oh well, such is life.

A relatively early shave this morning, as we have a 9am appt in Toronto. Temps will be balmy this weekend until they drop a good bit below freezing on Monday. That works, as we have Christmas get-togethers lines up for tonight and also Sat+Sun.

Back