The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.20 Schick Xtreme3(3) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

It's Monday!! ... and you know what that means!!! Yup ... tomorrow's Tuesday!!

As you can tell, my life is full of excitement! Today, we go out to buy fruits to grind for our Christmas cakes. Woohoo!! Will the fun ever cease?

t’s a sweet and spiced fried Italian treat. There’s variations but the general idea is chickpea paste, bitter cacao, sugar, honey, mosto cotto (cooked wine), walnuts, almonds, peel of orange and ground cinnamon. Powdered sugar on top to finish.
Never had it. Sounds delicious.

Nov.21 Schick Xtreme3(4) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

If you thought yesterday was full of excitement and adventure, boy oh boy, wait until I tell you what lies in store for today!

Lunch will be at Karahi Point just up the road from us for Pakistani food. We haven't gotten around to going there yet, but pass by it on a regular basis.

But wait, there's more!!

The late afternoon will see something very exciting going on ... the fall fiscal update from our federal government! Yes, I know!!! It only happens once a year, so it's truly an event!

Ummm yeah, okay, my life is sad. LOL

... and since it's Tuesday, there's local chess club this evening. I've been asked to suspend my "Endgame Corner" (where I work with members on endgame mates) for 1/2 the night to shift over to the Chess-101 instruction area (beginners learning to play) to go over the very basic and easy mates (R+R, K+Q, and K+R).

Should be fun!

The smell of well varnished set pieces, the felt-muted clack of a knight to E9, the sun glistening off of well polished coke bottle glasses…ahhh, tis mating season over at the chess club.
IMG_7373.gif

Nov.22 Schick Xtreme3(5) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Last night was a fun evening of chess. Both young'uns and a few beginner adults came over for my endgame lesson on basic mates in the Chess-101 section of the club. Rather than just demonstrate, I also got folks involved via Q&As as well as getting them to practice what they just learned.

Today's shave was rather late at almost 4:30pm as I was in front of the TV watching the news about the Niagara Falls border most of the afternoon.

Back