The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Nov.14 Schick Xtreme3(7) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another no-workout shower'n'shave day for me. Lower left back seems improved today, so I'm hoping that it's simply muscle stress that was causing me concern and not kidney stones. I'll continue to stay off of the elliptical for a while longer.

Local chess club tonight where I will try to help some kids once again.

Nov.15 Schick Xtreme3(8) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another no-workout day and the stiffness in my back seems to be shifting around, so I think that rules out kidney stones. Woohoo!

Chess was fun last night and I introduced folks to the B+N mate. Another stamp-of-approval/certification for a junior being able to mate with 2 bishops as well. Cool beanz!

Nov.16 Schick Xtreme3(9) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A no-workout no-shower shave today and it went better than I thought it would, given that my scruff was not uber-hydrated beforehand. No need to worry that I am a stink bomb (unless you pull my finger) as I also shower before hitting the sack for the night.

Bridge club this afternoon, followed by a combative night of chess (only 1 game) this evening.

Have a great Thursday!

Nov.17 Schick Xtreme3(10) ......... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Another ho-hum serviceable shave this morning, marking the final shave (#10) with this cart. On to a new one tomorrow! Whee!

Nov.18 Schick Xtreme3(1) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A new cart this morning and I did not de-slime it beforehand. Yup, contrails of goop on the first dozen or so strokes as expected, making for a LOT more rinsing per pass than I would normally do. Even so, the shave was more than acceptable and it's a great start to the day before we head out in a few minutes to go walking with our buddies.

Nov.19 Schick Xtreme3(2) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A 1:30 pm shave for me today! Up early, coffee and chess, followed by starting laundry when my wife got up, then more coffee and chess, reading the news and making a 12" blueberry pancake for each of us for lunch. Then reading the NY Giants game (wifey has the TV) and finally, taking a quick and easy 2-pass NS-SN shave.

Back