The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

A young lady at the club (Grade-4, I think) became the first to be certified for the B+B mate. She got her choice of chess themed pencils and chose the ultra-shiny purple one with gold pieces on it.
1699408912561.png

At the end of the knight night as she was getting ready to leave with her grandpa, I had a second surprise for her ... a 4" black knight stress ball/piece. I told her that I have been impressed with her since I met her (about 6 months ago) and to keep up the good work. She helps out quite a lot at the club. You should have seen her face! I'm not sure what caught her off guard the most, the knight or my comment.
1699409037936.png

Nov.08 Schick Xtreme3(1) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Prep for today's shave involved soaking the head of the new cart fo4 a few hours in my brush mug as I went about the morning's business. When shave time arrived, the goop was goopy and the slime strip cleaned up pretty nice with my thumbnail, so much so that only on the first few strokes was there any snail trails.

Other than that, all is well!

Nov.09 Schick Xtreme3(2) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Hail yesterday afternoon, followed lots of slushy rain, but nothing stuck around on the ground this morning... whee! A nice enough functional shave this morning after my elliptical workout & shower. That's good prep for my afternoon bridge club and evening at chess.

Nov.10 Schick Xtreme3(3) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Bridge was fun and so was chess, even though I lost my game with the latter. Such is life. An early workout, shower'n'shave, off to the bank, and getting ready to head out to drop off some homemade chicken soup to my sister-in-law.

Nov.10 Schick Xtreme3(3) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Bridge was fun and so was chess, even though I lost my game with the latter. Such is life. An early workout, shower'n'shave, off to the bank, and getting ready to head out to drop off some homemade chicken soup to my sister-in-law.
You will only know victory through defeat! I think I read that in a Chinese Fortune Cookie once.

Nov.11 Schick Xtreme3(4) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

No workout this morning, but the shower'n'shave was still refreshing nonetheless. Temps are just a few degrees above freezing, which is a wee bit cooler the expected for mid-November.

Nov.12 Schick Xtreme3(5) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Happy Diwali, everyone!!

Right after my workout, my wife was cooking up a storm for a yummy day of Diwali num-nums and we needed some last-minute roti, so out we went for a quick pick-up and return home. Quickly hopped into the shower on my return and followed up with a more than acceptable shave.

Laundry has begun and, more importantly, some curry channa and aloo is just about ready to go in my belly!

Nov.13 Schick Xtreme3(6) ........... Graydog silvertip ..... Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

... and so another (non)work week begins. Happy Monday!

Based on my left lower back feeling off, I either have another kidney stone working its way around or my elliptical workout resistance is too high for my weight and causing my core to be overly tight as I work through the 30 minutes. Either way, I will knock off the elliptical for a few days to a week to see if that helps. If it's a kidney stone, I'm not sure how it formed as I drink lots of liquids and have not had one for approx five years or so (give or take).

Shower'n'shave as per normal with expected meh-ishly satisfying results.

Oh, and Babbadabbid .... fresh saheena is currently being made by wifey!

Back