The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

I had to look that up!
Me too. Interesting.
"In 1974, Probus expanded into New Zealand and by 1976 the idea had spread to Australia.[3] The first Probus club for seniors in North America was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Galt in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada in 1987. Currently in Canada there are 250+ clubs with more than 36,500 members. [4] [5]"

Nov.02 Schick Xtreme3(5) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

No workout this morning, as I upped my elliptical's resistance from 14 to 15/20. Even that small increase made a pretty significant difference and it was noticeable immediately. Legs still feeling it from yesterday, so I took the morning off.

Shower'n'shave was still quite welcome and a good way to kick off my usual busy Thursday, as there's bridge in the afternoon and chess in the evening.

Nov.03 Schick Xtreme3(6) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Bridge and chess were good last night, even if I had to function as the replacement arbiter at chess and didn't actually get to play.

Anyways, up early, relaxing with news, coffee and chess, followed by my mid-morning sweaty elliptical workout before my shower'n'(non-descript)shave.

Happy Friday!

Nov.04 Schick Xtreme3(7) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

A drizzly morning here in Ajax, Ontario, Canada (just outside Toronto) but it's better than snow! A simple morning of coffee, and elliptical workout while listening to a financial podcast, followed by my shower'n'shave. A great way to kick off the day and weekend.

Nov.05 Schick Xtreme3(8) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

The time change didn't provide me or my wife with any extra sleep this morning. We simply got up when we were awake, which meant an hour earlier than normal. Nothing wrong with that at all, as I was able to go through my morning routine and even ended up working out and shower'n'shaving an hour ahead of schedule. Whee!

Laundry looks to be six(6) loads instead of the regular three(3).

Yes , indeed. My life is FULL of grandiose excitement!

Nov.06 Schick Xtreme3(9) ........... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

No workout this morning, as I had a mid-morning dental appointment for a checkup and cleaning; all is good. That meant a fairly early shower'n'shave, which went off without a hitch. Other than that and a drizzly day with afternoon showers expected, there's not much to report on.

Nov.07 Schick Xtreme3(10) ......... Eagle G2 ................. Gillette Pure cream ................. Clubman milk

Given that I have over 3 dozen of these Schick Xtreme3 carts under the sink (Thanks, Costco ... I think), I will move to 10-days with each rather than 2 weeks. Today's shave was timely, as I both trash the cart and put out the trash dark & early tomorrow morning before even having a coffee. Nothing wrong with today's shave though.

Chess club with the young'uns this evening, with more endgame instruction and testing for anyone there who is interested.

Back