The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Corporate document shredding is done! *Whew* Started last Monday and shredded about 2 bags of confetti daily. My small shredder kept shutting down for 20 mins whenever I would get about 1/3 of a bag done. It wasn't meant for this level of load, but it made it through. There were a few times that I actually thought that it might die, as it motor started *clunking* even though I was keeping the cutters oiled. I slowed things down, started shredding 4 sheets -vs- the 6 it is rated for and starting breaking each year into 3-4 shredding sessions to help it out.

Either way, 'tis done!

Oct.22 Schick Xtreme3(8) ............ Eagle G2 ................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Up early and a no-workout shower'n'shave to start the day as I head into Toronto to meet-up with another chess club exec at 10am. Yes, indeed. My life is full of excitement!

Oct.23 Schick Xtreme3(9) ............ Eagle G2 ................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

No workout this morning as my lower back feels a little tight. "I must have slept funny!" said the clown.
Still, the shower'n'shave was welcome.

We went for lunch with some friends yesterday, followed by an impromptu walk, followed by another impromptu decision to continue our chats over coffee and muffins at McDs. I hate places that don't have an actual posting of the menu for you to see what they offer. Grrrr. Guess I am getting old.

Oct.24 Schick Xtreme3(10) .......... Paladin Sumo .......... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Yesterday saw us take a 1.5 hr hike with our buddies on a trail that we love but they have only walked once. It's only about 5 mins from their house, but they got semi-lost when they went before. Now they have knowledgeable guides (us!) and plan on hitting the place up more often.

Back on the elliptical this morning for another sweaty workout while listening to financial podcasts. A very much needed shower and shave followed and now I am ready to tackle the day. On tap is a visit to the bank in the mid-afternoon and local chess club this evening, where I will test more kids on their endgames. I even have some chess themed pencils for those that demonstrate B+B mates!

Oct.25 Schick Xtreme3(11) .......... Paladin Sumo .......... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Up early to put out the garbage and recycling, followed by a nice morning workout as I waited for the Bank of Canada interest Rate announcement. (spoiler: it didn't change). Afterwards, a shower'n'shave was made more interesting by my Paladin chasing chunks of soap around the container. It will be a "fun" next few days when it comes to brush loading as the soaps dwindles.

Oct.26 Schick Xtreme3(12) .......... Paladin Sumo .......... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Another ho-hum morning here outside of Toronto, with nice temperatures but lots of drizzle. A morning coffee, an elliptical workout while listening to a financial podcast, and another coffee led me to shower'n'shave time. Lots of fun chasing soap chips around the container to get enough product loaded into the brush. Apparently I did it well enough, as there was adequate lather for my standard 2-pass NS-SN shave of maximized mediocrity.

Bridge club this afternoon, followed by chess club in the evening will make for a fantabulous remainder of the day.

Oct.27 Schick Xtreme3(13) .......... Paladin Sumo .......... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Last shave with the CBL Hombres soap today. Just a little shy of 2 months, which is excellent given that a standard 4oz puck normally lasts me approximately 3 months. Even on the last go, it provided a very nice lather and then scent was still there. If you have not tried a CBL soap before, you should consider rectifying that situation.

Back