The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Turkey.... check
Stuffing/dressing .... check
Sweet Potatoes .... nada
Mashed Potatoes ... check

To make up for the lack of sweet potatoes, we will add in all of the following (free of charge)...
Gravy
Home Garden Beets
Home Garden Carrots
Home Baked Buns
Home Baked Coconut Cherry Cake
Tom Gore Wine
Guinness

To make up for the lack of sweet potatoes, we will add in all of the following (free of charge)...
Gravy (y)
Home Garden Beets (y)
Home Garden Carrots (y)
Home Baked Buns (y)
Home Baked Coconut Cherry Cake(y)(y)
Tom Gore Wine (n)
Guinness (n)

Thank you, Sam. Glad to see "Meh" is NOT on the menu!

Not today, my friend. Not today.

If the wine and Guinness are not to your liking, we also offer a selection of tequila, single malt scotch, blended whisky, various rums, and several creamy liqueurs.

Only 73 billion positions analyzed so far in the past hour to get to 63 ply. Need to get to 70+ ply for me to trust it.
1697336114994.png

Oct.15 Schick Xtreme3(1) ............ Eagle G2 ................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Yesterday's week-deferred Thanksgiving dinner (I'm in Canada) went super well! The turkey was moist, the stuffing great, yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah ... but best of all was the company of two of my sister-in-laws. One even got a phone call during the meal that her offer on a house was accepted, pending inspection. Woohoo! I did miss Bruce not showing up and knocking on the door though.

For today's shave, I went back to the Eagle G2 as my brush of choice. I really like this size of knot (22mm) and the scritch of the pure grade doesn't bother me at all, even when I splay'n'scrub. As the weather is getting colder, my head shaving has ended for the year (I think), so I decided to use a Schick Xtreme 3 cart and, boy oh boy, the slime was causing me to rinse the cart way more than I thought I would have to. Hopefully, the lubricating strip (probably good for shower shavers) will dissolve soon.

The shave result was pretty good and nothing to complain about at all.

I did miss Bruce not showing up and knocking on the door though.
I got held up at the border and was denied entry into my second-most favorite country. Something about "undesirable character," or some such nonsense. For background, in 1975 I smuggled fireworks and a case of LaBatt's Oktoberfest beer from Canada to Buffalo. It seems the long arm of the law reached out to me after all this time.

Oct.16 Schick Xtreme3(2) ............ Eagle G2 ................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Monday is here and it's a glorious day, showing all is normal in the world .... i.e. my NY Giants lost again. LOL

A nice and simple shave once again today (this time post-workout! woot!) and the slime strip is dissipating. No long contrails of snail snot!

Back