The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Oct.08 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

It turns out that my strawberry from yesterday was actually a small slice, as about 3pm onwards I could see a small line about 1/2" long by my cheekbone. I must have slightly slid the razor sideways as I went to start the stroke. Oh well, as a famous English Black Knight once said... 'Tis only a flesh wound! No such incidents during today's whisker whacking!

Back into the mid-90s on my elliptical stride count for this morning's workout, which means I'm back to full pace way faster than I thought I would be! Woohoo!

Oct.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A nice mid-morning shave today as my wife and I celebrate our 24th anniversary. Getting married was the best thing she ever made me do. Now to see if there's a Thai restaurant open on Thanksgiving (today for us Canadians) as that's what my wife desires for lunch.

Oct.09 ASD2/Astra SP(1) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

A nice mid-morning shave today as my wife and I celebrate our 24th anniversary. Getting married was the best thing she ever made me do. Now to see if there's a Thai restaurant open on Thanksgiving (today for us Canadians) as that's what my wife desires for lunch.
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy ANNIVERSARY! Have a wonderful day my friend!

Oct.10 ASD2/Astra SP(2) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

No Thai yesterday, as the place was closed. We ended up having Thanksgiving leftovers, which was not a bad thing at all!

Today was a bust morning with an early start. Out to renew both my driver's license and my health card in person at 8:30am, as new photos were needed. After that, a visit to the bank, some grocery shopping, and a trip to the Costco gas station for a fill up. Back home to make coffee for my wife, followed by my workout of the elliptical and then a quick shower'n'shave before meeting up with 4 friends for a noontime lunch.

My wife nibbled on the 1/2-price wings as she till had her Thai craving, so we stopped by and picked something up for her on the way home. She's happy now!

Oct.11 ASD2/Astra SP(3) ............. Eagle G2 .................. CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Back out my my local chess club last night; that's the one which has casual, not competitive games. Rather than playing or overseeing a kid's mini-tournament, I ran an interactive lesson on how to mate with 2 bishops for any and all ages. What started out with 2 people ended up with about 8 participants. They all learned something new and everyone decided to review it again next week after they go home, watch some youtube videos on it, and practice some more.

A nice and simple no-workout easy-peasy shave this morning, as we are heading into the city for most of the late morning and early afternoon.

Oct.12 37C/Astra SP(1) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

The 37C hasn't seen duty for a few weeks, with my Paladin Sumo has been on the shelf since I received my Eagle G2 just over a month ago. Both got the call for duty this morning and delivered a perfectly acceptable post-workout meh-ishly functional shave.

Bridge and chess today, so it's a busy Thursday as per usual!

Oct.13 37C/Astra SP(2) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Both bridge and chess went well yesterday, but I got to bed around 11:30pm which is later than normal for me. A nice and simple, no-workout shower'n'shave this morning as my wife had a late morning appointment in Toronto, seeing us get home around 1:30pm or so. Didn't see and hockey mask wearing, machete toting hulking figures so far, so I guess that it's a nice enough way to kick off Friday the 13th!

Oct.14 37C/Astra SP(3) ............... Paladin Sumo ........... CBL Hombres ......................... Clubman milk

Up early and a no-workout shower'n'shave once again. Today's reason/excuse is that we are doing a full turkey dinner to celebrate Thanksgiving a week later than normal with two of my wife's sisters. Dug up all the carrot and beet from the garden, and fresh veggies taste sooooo good!

We'll get the turkey in the oven in about an hour from now to be ready for the 4-5pm window.

Back